ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax - Liquid vs Paste???

i have only ever used liquid wax but am looking at some new wax (megs yellow paste wax) and i was wondering if paste is as easy to use as liquid??

is there any difference in how effective they are?

finally if anyone on here has used the megs yellow paste wax (the one with the free applicator) can you give me your opinion on what you thought of it please?

thanks

106 GTi
Liquid waxes where introduced mainly for machine application.

I find paste waxes much easier for hand application.

Megs #26 ? - is ok looks reasonable and lasts ok, not as easy on off off or as good looking as it's rivials. Not the one I would recommend over others tbh.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
which is the easiest to use out of the one you could get from halfords (mate works there!).

106 GTi
which is the easiest to use out of the one you could get from halfords (mate works there!).

The range of waxes proper from Halfords is a litlle limited and what they do sell carnuba wax wise is a bit poor IMO.

Best of getting some Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Sealant if your going the Halfords route and mail ordering a decent wax.

Megs #26 ? - is ok looks reasonable and lasts ok, not as easy on off off or as good looking as it's rivials. Not the one I would recommend over others tbh.

cheers pal! God there are so many waxes out there. makes it impossible to choose. lol

106 GTi

cheers pal! God there are so many waxes out there. makes it impossible to choose. lol

Not at all, P21s is where it is at on flippy flop colours ;)

I am strongly considering that stuff. Will I need a brand new applicator or do you think it will be ok to just hand wash one i used for my megs polish and just use that?

106 GTi
Get it! I use it on my mates house of colour and chrome illusion finishs on his bikes works a tret.

Any foam applicator will be fine- I use some generic non branded yellow ones, Meguiars ones, Zymol or Swissol ones whatever I grab first.

106 GTi
I used to do that till I ran out of things to wear ...

In reality as long as its is soft, clean cotton it will be fine though !

Better than yours. C*nt.
Lusty - get your sorry ass down here this weekend and we can do your car - I've got some P21s.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Lusty - get your sorry ass down here this weekend and we can do your car - I've got some P21s.
yea come on lusty ill tagg along an mr mike can do mine also as ive ran out of my p21s......

Good idea, then the pair of you sorry f*****s can lend me a hand getting my YS Decat on and ITG Maxogen if they turn up, along with fitting my handsfree kit and subs/amp!

:D

ITB BG 182
that suits me just fine matey, just get couple of bevvys out an some food then ill come down no probs, dont mind lending a hand.
Party on your street it is

Better than yours. C*nt.
Diamond. Now all we need is Lusty to get his motor vehicule down for some PC abuse!!

John - you're also welcome even if Lusty doesn't get his backside down - I think my car wants a break now - I'll just whack another layer of EGP on it on Saturday morning, and then just the bits to play with!

Diamond. Now all we need is Lusty to get his motor vehicule down for some PC abuse!!

John - you're also welcome even if Lusty doesn't get his backside down - I think my car wants a break now - I'll just whack another layer of EGP on it on Saturday morning, and then just the bits to play with!

what day did you have in mind?? not sure what's happening with me this weekend. im at starcity on sunday so saturday could be a possibility. i'll have to let you know.

ITB BG 182

what day did you have in mind?? not sure what's happening with me this weekend. im at starcity on sunday so saturday could be a possibility. i'll have to let you know.
Saturday is good for me also was thinking of morning as im at work saturday night 7pm.
Do we have the start of a post code so i can tomtom it.

Ticknall - near Ashby where I spied you!

thats practically next door to me :cool:

im going notts on friday night for a 21st bday so I might end up staying over in notts til saturday morning.

i might be able to come round in the afternoon. Dont worry about cleaning my car though. dont want you wasteing your own products on mine.

i'll find out tonight if my family has any plans for sat afternoon. if not then it should be fine! ;)