ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax

hi using dodo juice wax ATM and was wondering what liquid style wax was good as its dried out etc and almost finished. And suggestions?

Thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Meguiars ultimate liquid wax is very easy to use, looks good but doesn't last very long. Collinites 845 lasts very well but isn't the nicest to use.

Menzerna power lock and zaino z2/z5 are always good choices. Chemical guys 109 is a little old but still used a lot

Then maybe try and option like a spray sealant like carpro reload and gtechniq c2

Titanium 182 FF
It's not a wax but Auto finesse Tough coat is great for light coloured cars and can have up to 6 months durability. They have a deal on where you get a free bottle of Tough prep when you buy Tough coat :)

Again, not a wax BUT if your after a really good polish that is a liquid i'd give Autobrite Cherry Glaze a go, I've found it's really good stuff and when used with some Autobrite Elegance spray sealant over the top, the result is awesome....... very very smooth!

Again, not a wax BUT if your after a really good polish that is a liquid i'd give Autobrite Cherry Glaze a go, I've found it's really good stuff and when used with some Autobrite Elegance spray sealant over the top, the result is awesome....... very very smooth!
That's a glaze, chap - not a polish. So it fills rather than removes marring.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If it's a light coloured car, the best thing I used on my old Silver Clio was the Werkstat Acrylic kit. Hands down the easiest products to use ever and looked brilliant! Think they've stopped making it now and replaced it with the Carlack stuff on Polished Bliss.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Sorry to jump in but my BMW is silver/grey - just bought some dodo juice rainforest rub and some obsession phaenna show wax. Will be trying the obsession stuff first, will update.

Used collinite previously and it's great for longevity and shines really well - just want to try something with less durability but better gloss

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Sorry to jump in but my BMW is silver/grey - just bought some dodo juice rainforest rub and some obsession phaenna show wax. Will be trying the obsession stuff first, will update.

Used collinite previously and it's great for longevity and shines really well - just want to try something with less durability but better gloss
Phaenna is a top wax.Warning whole car and outside will smell of passionfruit :up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Phaenna is a top wax.Warning whole car and outside will smell of passionfruit :up:
I really want some of this wax. just read up on it and it seems great and just what i want.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I really want some of this wax. just read up on it and it seems great and just what i want.
Much prefer it too af illusion tbh mate.Sample this has a few of obsessions waxes I highly raye phantom aswell the mango scent is too die for.Im sure there is a 10% off code on here for sample this.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ordered some - used a code ZH for £15 off big waxes. Cheers Ads

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What did you get mate? Just got my phaenna today but gonna hang on til weekend

Mito Sportiva 135
If it's a light coloured car, the best thing I used on my old Silver Clio was the Werkstat Acrylic kit. Hands down the easiest products to use ever and looked brilliant! Think they've stopped making it now and replaced it with the Carlack stuff on Polished Bliss.
Yeh I used that with another one of their sprays a few years ago on my black 172 - left a ridiculously glossy finish although the depth wasn't as good as using a good wax. I liked the look though!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What did you get mate? Just got my phaenna today but gonna hang on til weekend
got my Phaenna on thursday. Spent two nights machine polishing my car in my garage getting the prep right. Applied chemical guys jetseal as a sealant then gave the car a coat of Phaenna. I will be honest and say that Phaenna is pretty rubbish in my opinion. It didnt smell that much but the worth thing about it is that it leaves the car with oily smears that look like holograms under strong light. It needed a lot of buffing with several micro fibers to get the smears off. The glossy shine isnt all that good either.

Im giving up on expensive waxes. Swissvax best of show was a let down too.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
got my Phaenna on thursday. Spent two nights machine polishing my car in my garage getting the prep right. Applied chemical guys jetseal as a sealant then gave the car a coat of Phaenna. I will be honest and say that Phaenna is pretty rubbish in my opinion. It didnt smell that much but the worth thing about it is that it leaves the car with oily smears that look like holograms under strong light. It needed a lot of buffing with several micro fibers to get the smears off. The glossy shine isnt all that good either.

Give Victoria concours a go mate. The durability isn't great but the finish is so glossy. I put it on top of hydro 2 on the beemer a while ago and it looked awesome.

I love how you can apply it literally 'by hand'.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
got my Phaenna on thursday. Spent two nights machine polishing my car in my garage getting the prep right. Applied chemical guys jetseal as a sealant then gave the car a coat of Phaenna. I will be honest and say that Phaenna is pretty rubbish in my opinion. It didnt smell that much but the worth thing about it is that it leaves the car with oily smears that look like holograms under strong light. It needed a lot of buffing with several micro fibers to get the smears off. The glossy shine isnt all that good either. All by hand I haven't got a polishing machine

Mate I was the same yesterday. Right ballache to get off. But then I realised you only have to apply it unbelievably thin mate! And the finish is brilliant. Still not the easiest to buff compared to collinite 476 that I used to use, but not bad and the finish is a level above.
5ddd82f38f94555539441d138c79eab9.jpg
802d3daf2ed610f47bde284e924fdc66.jpg