ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bedded in Brake dust removal

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Bought some alloys purely for track use which are white.

They have etched in brake dust and wondered what you guys find best to remove and the method.

I’ve bought some iron out which has got the non stubborn dust off however the more stubborn black dots in the corners don’t want to shift.

They are only for track but if I can get them back to being nice and smooth I can then wax them to save it getting as bad next time.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Does it still turn purple when using iron out?

Otherwise might be able to use a hard clay (don't use on paintwork after) or polishing cone on a drill with some compound.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Not much purple running off them now.

It’s like stuck on bits of metal is the only way I can describe it.

Like you could pick them off with your nail, only you can’t.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I bought these off a chap and they were in good condition but had some proper crusty dust which wouldn’t come off with a general purpose wheel cleaner.

Used some Bilt Hamber Korrosol and it literally dissolved it.

I’m running CL6 pads which are good for destroying wheel paint if you don’t keep on top of them.

IMG_0499.jpeg

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
If you zoom in you can see the bits I mean in the corners and also inside of the rim itself.

Auto finesse iron x hasn’t really helped at all apart from making them look cleaner.
The hardened particles are still stuck in place.

IMG_2362.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Stuff is House of Shine acid, got it on eBay for like £20 (5 litres). Had a quick look and they dont seem to do 5litres anymore, only had a quick look though.

Pretty sure @Daniel used a similar very strong wheel acid ages ago

Last edited:

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Bilt hamber Autowheel or Korrosol usually shifts it with a couple of application's, agitate it well with a wheel brush