ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

waxing black cars

Nissan 370Z
need someone to recommend some awesome polish and wax for black cars! i want to make it shine and shine!

i was thinking, srp, egp, ultra deep shine?

cheers

106 GTi
SRP, EGP with a decent carnuba over the top works fine as a winter combo, last and looks great, Meguiars 16 looks ok. The consumer range Gold Glass, NXT and 3 stage are not that great.

AG UDS is an okay one step product, but wont work in the AG SRP and EGP processm its not that easy on or off I would skip it.

On my own car:

Winter - Klasse AI0 and Jeffs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant, topped with Zymol Carbon & Zymol Titanium

Summer - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guys 50/50 wax over a Nattys Blue wax.

A well built VW
Collinite - the lazy mans polish , one coat allegably lasts for ages (I have just bought some cheap of ebay US) and the 915? is supposed to look good on black

In all honesty tho looking at the condition of Rich's what he uses cant be wrong !

Nissan 370Z
if im using color magic to fill in scratches and tech wax till i can afford better stuff then are both of the products meant to be put on just a panel at a time then buffed off?
thanks.

(rich's car does look amazing)

A slow one :-(
I used AG SRP/EGP then Collinite on my mams TT last weekend. I believe halfords have got buy 3 get one free or something along those lines.

Looks fappin lush... some good winter protection as well.

PICS

Nissan 370Z
do you use zymol carbon and titanium one after another?
can you use nattys blue wax now and if so do you put it on before of after the zymol?sorry guys im just learning all this.
thanks

A slow one :-(
also, collinite 476 or p21's?

These are the only 2 waxes i've ever used.

I have found that the Collinite gives excellant durability and gives a really wet look to the car.

The P21S I used all summer as it is less durable than the Collinite. But it really makes the pain "pop" Not sure how the P21S would look on black paint.

1.6 16v
SRP, EGP with a decent carnuba over the top works fine as a winter combo, last and looks great, Meguiars 16 looks ok. The consumer range Gold Glass, NXT and 3 stage are not that great.

AG UDS is an okay one step product, but wont work in the AG SRP and EGP processm its not that easy on or off I would skip it.

On my own car:

Winter - Klasse AI0 and Jeffs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant, topped with Zymol Carbon & Zymol Titanium

Summer - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guys 50/50 wax over a Nattys Blue wax.

So rich lol, sorry about all these questions that i keep asking you!

For winter do you use any polish etc before Klasse AI0 and Jeffs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant, topped with Zymol Carbon & Zymol Titanium??

and is the polishing the same for summer but with Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guys 50/50 wax over a Nattys Blue wax on top??

Steve

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
any good foundations are good for products to bed in, so yes i would polish it but its a stage that doesnt need to be done regularly every 4months etc

106 GTi

On my own car:

So rich lol, sorry about all these questions that i keep asking you!

For winter do you use any polish etc before Klasse AI0 and Jeffs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant, topped with Zymol Carbon & Zymol Titanium??

and is the polishing the same for summer but with Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guys 50/50 wax over a Nattys Blue wax on top??

Steve

The above a combos for on good shape paint. Any swirls and marks etc need to be addressed first with some proper compounds. I use either the Menzerna or Poorboys polishes as needed first.

106 GTi
also, collinite 476 or p21's?

Not using Collinite at the moment as I have Megs 16 instead.

P21s looks great on all colours and does so on Black, but does not last aswell as the Zymols in Winter, in summer use Souveran and CG 50/50 have the edge on it.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/P21s/

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

I love P21s on SIlver and Blue metallics though.