ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WD Media streamer / Hard Drive

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I got the western digital TV Live for christmas (http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330) and i'm now looking at something to store everything on to save space on my MB.

Does anyone have any experience with the Western Digital My Book Live hard drive? (http://www.dabs.com/products/wester...le&utm_medium=product search&utm_content=Q200)

It sounds really good with the whole accessing anywhere via internet on either Windows/Mac and even using the app on iPhones/iPads and therefore freeing up space there. I also like the fact that you can have it as an itunes server as well which again allows me to remove all my music from the Macbook and therefore allowing it to run faster as i rarely use the macbook for iTunes etc so doubt id be bothered/ notice with any lag.

Any other options/ suggestions around a similar price range?

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16V
Got mine just after I got the MacBook (1TB version tho), been great so far deffo worth a purchase. I use it mainly to stream stuff off my Xbox and it works great, dead easy to transfer stuff over from the MacBook and it'll be there ready on the Xbox to stream. It does fine steaming 720p video from it to a wireless Xbox. Also theres a WD app for both iphone and ipad which lets you play most files on it.

That price seems alright too, paid more for mine a few months back lol!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have to be on the same WIFI network to be able to stream stuff over to your iPhone and iPad?

Polo + Micra
if it's anything like the my book world i had i'd leave it there imho

mine had gigabit network adapter but would only do 3MB/s

but other than that it was spot on so if they have sorted read/write speeds out i'd say yes

Clio 1.2 16V
Do you have to be on the same WIFI network to be able to stream stuff over to your iPhone and iPad?

I think you can set it up so you can access your drive from other networks, theres something in the settings for remote access, not played around with it though.