ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

We thought my car was on fire

so we attacked it with a fire extinguisher..
fire.gif

fire2.gif

Rob did you stick a big cliosport sticker on the rear side glass? or is your old one now living in London with smooth boot e.t.c ? as i remember seeing one that was VERY close to my plate.

Was the car on fire? No, was having a play with my friends nova and he rings my passeneger and says there was a load of smoke coming from the car, stopped got out and could here cracking e.t.c so just sprayed the s**t out off it to be sure (my fuel pipe split a few days before so was making sure the car didint go up) anyway, the smoke was there becasue i had boiled the oil and it had gone everywhere, includeing exhaust manifold.

midge said:
Rob did you stick a big cliosport sticker on the rear side glass? or is your old one now living in London with smooth boot e.t.c ? as i remember seeing one that was VERY close to my plate.

Yeah thats my old valver!!

I think the lad I sold it too said he lived in London did you see it there? It was completely standard when I sold it... Our cars must have been sister cars off the production line lol!

has you motor been ruined or is it ok?

Rob.

lol, so is yours the one that had teh big sticker on the rear glass or the one with the close plate?
My cars fine, just washed the rubbish off, good as new!

alright midge yeah mine was the valver with the big cliosport sticker on the side window!!

Glad your motor is ok did it clean up easy enough?

rwaterman said:
alright midge yeah mine was the valver with the big cliosport sticker on the side window!!

Glad your motor is ok did it clean up easy enough?

this was your old car mate, i bought it off a guy in london near brixton, when i bought it it had a large cliosport sticker on the rear passenger glass but the guy said it was there when he bought it! did you put some kind of motorola handfree thing init?

As said, there was crackling sounds coming from under the bonnet, the sound plastic makes when its buring.

Civic Vtec y0
midge said:
As said, there was crackling sounds coming from under the bonnet, the sound plastic makes when its buring.

Was it the noise the engine makes when its really hot? ie after you have been beasting it?

no. the oil had cooked and sprayed EVERYWHERE oil can melt things when its at hot temp, hence spraying it with extinguisher becasue even if it wasnt on fire things could still mate, are you finished now?

midge said:
this was your old car mate, i bought it off a guy in london near brixton, when i bought it it had a large cliosport sticker on the rear passenger glass but the guy said it was there when he bought it! did you put some kind of motorola handfree thing init?

Midge I sold it to some guy called Roger im sure my valver was M510 AOT not M150 AOT?? Definatly had a large cliosport sticker in the side window though!

100% definately your car, i bought it from Roger, ive3 looked through the history and im sure its your old car.

Broke the clutch cable once and the back box fell off, you looked after it though, loads of reciepts.

How much did you sell it to him for?

Last edited: