ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web Designers

Right,

ive got the following page I created in photoshop

jogon.jpg

I went about slicing it before and then have dreamweaver automatically put it together using table cells etc... I had it working using Iframes but my web domain space doesnt support iframes.

Whats best way to go about converting this into a website

I want the title as it is, frame down left with nav links as are, and main black box for content!

something like this picture:

jogon2.jpg

Cheers

Formally Clio 182
Any website designer who uses frames, iframes and tables needs to be shot!

Look up on the net how to use Cascading Style Sheets. All websites use them.

Quite a simple looking design you have, so should be easy enough to do.

I'm a web designer by the way so I should know.

Yea im not a web designer, thats whay I was asking, ok ill start reading up on CSS, can CSS use images that youve created in photoshop etc and piece them together? cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hope you don't mind me asking...I have done some css layouts, but was wondering is there anyway just to make one box reload or does it have to be the whole thing?

Cheers

im guessing your question will be useful to me, as I will be wanting to use my content box as a target and just displaying the links inside that box

Formally Clio 182
Yea im not a web designer, thats whay I was asking, ok ill start reading up on CSS, can CSS use images that youve created in photoshop etc and piece them together? cheers

Yeah your main background image (the sunburst lines) can be put into the css document.

It would be something like this:

Code:
body {
background-image: url(images/starburst.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
}
Whereas the the grey box you have with the white border would be:

Code:
body {
background-color: grey;
border: 1px solid white;
}

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Hope you don't mind me asking...I have done some css layouts, but was wondering is there anyway just to make one box reload or does it have to be the whole thing?

Cheers

Yes, a few ways to do it. You can use CSS to hide all but the content you want to see or use Javascript to load it in to a div ine real time. Search the net, loads of tutorials on the subject.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
a layout using tables may seem the easiest option at first, but the further you get into the websites design and the more content you put on there the worse it gets. trust me, iv done it in the past!

CSS is trickier to get the grips with, but once you understand it, then it makes ur life sooo much easier and your code sooo much cleaner.

they are just 2 of many reasons why CSS layout is better than tables.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
The only thing with CSS to watch is that Microsoft in their infinate wisdom use their own version so sometimes things dont show properly in FF or Opera etc. A quick search online can normally find a workround though