ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

website building progs

Elise/VX220/R26
anyone have any reccomendations? I've used frontpage before but fancy something similar but that will give better restults

cheers!

RIP Dan
I used frontpage and it was ok, i now use 1 and 1 internets package they supply.

Not bad at all, also i am an idiot and even i can use it.

Can i ask for an old skool mix when you are done?

notepad

I have been using Visual Stuido Web express which is bascially notepad with fancy bits.

Microsoft Expression seems ok but most people use dreamweaver

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
learn to code HTML and CSS, its not that difficult really, you dont need tools any WYSIWYG tools are usually crap!

306 TD Slut
Craig what do you preview your sites in when checking layouts etc..?

I know your work is spot on but surely your not that aaamaaaaazing that you dont need to preview? lol

I still use dreamweaver, although i am pretty confident i could code a site from scratch now!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh I work off the server. save the file after every slight change, then it uploads to the server and i test in the browsers like!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I use either Expressions or Dreamweaver - used to hardcode it but tbh more concerned with learning C# instead of spending time doing things the long way in HTML...

306 TD Slut
ben i think he was joking.

never take him seriously! lol:rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
nothing as long as you dont use the design view and try designing sites with the WYSIWYG.

I do use it.....mainly as i find it a good way to edit and manage my html, php, css, js, etc, etc files.

its just when you try designing sites in it by drawing them out using the design tools it all goes wrong.

Williams 1
nothing as long as you dont use the design view and try designing sites with the WYSIWYG.

I do use it.....mainly as i find it a good way to edit and manage my html, php, css, js, etc, etc files.

its just when you try designing sites in it by drawing them out using the design tools it all goes wrong.

dreamweaver is excellent if you know how to handcode html and css then use dreamweaver for the little tweaks, but if you cant write html then you need to learn it

start here: http://www.tizag.com/beginnerT/

306 TD Slut
im only really in design view mode of dreamweaver just to see the alignment of div's and just what the general layout looks like.

When i have a large page on screen with lots of code i use design mode to select the div i want to edit etc..

I have preview (F12) programmed onto a button my mouse so its nice and quick to preview the sites in FF.

CLIOWILLIAMS:- good link.