ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Website design charging...

Fiat Panda 100hp
Hey,

I know a few people on here design websites, just wondering how I go about taking payment etc.

I want to charge £500+ VAT for the site, but the company are going to want a VAT receipt for this, how do I go about generating one?

Thanks in advance.

Their accountants will deal with that.

I'm not sure what the deal is with regard to charging vat like that when you're not registered for it yourself. Give Jamie a PM, he'll know.

But it's probably easier to just say 'It's £600' and when they ask about vat, just say you're a one man band and not vat registered so you just do an all in price.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Taken from interweb:

If you are not registered for VAT, you cannot charge VAT, if someone asks you for a VAT receipt, you cannot give them one because you do not charge VAT. They cannot claim VAT back, because you did not charge them VAT in the first place.

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
a VAT reciept needs to have a VAT number on it

If you don't have one, they can't claim the VAT back

However, you can just give them an 'invoice' to pay you against, but they just don't claim the VAT back

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hence why people ask "is that including VAT?" when they get a quote from other businesses.

so don't tell them it is, when is isn't. Just tell them you are not VAT registered, so here is the price.

AK

M240i
You'd only charge them £500 as you're not VAT registered.

As said above you can't charge vat if you're not registered as they can't claim it back unless you supply them a vat invoice with a vat number on.. Which you won't, as you're not registered lol.