ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Website - suggestions!

Ultra Red Megane 175
Right, myself and another photographer are starting up a website which will basically be an online portfolio. I mainly do Rallying, he does Rallying and hill-climbing.

This is my Flickr account to give you some idea of my stuff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29558719@N02/

Unfortunately I'm bloody useless when it comes to thinking up stuff like this, so give me some suggestions for a domain name....keep it clean lol.

Cheers,

Rhod.

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
Just re-read your post....

When it comes to names, either use a name related to your chosen subject or surnames. Have a look through a motorsports magazine and see what the agencies/photographers providing use as aliases. Alot of them use their Initial or names.

Last edited:
  Ultra Red Megane 175
Crap, sorry lads I didn't word my post very well...we've got someone to design the site for us...its just the domain name I need some suggestions for.

Rhod.

Oil Burner
I've been 'designing' mine for months. I start. Like it. Then hate it. Then start again.

I like that PixelPig one!

This is probably my fave, more for the content. I just can't be arsed to make a flash site. I want simplez..

http://www.cake-factory.com/#/home/

That site is excellent.

I keep going through two mind sets. On one hand i want a swish website, but on the other i need a decent E commerce setup. Smugmug cant do what im after, neither can photoshelter. Photoshelter looks to be the best compromise. But im just a bit bored of the whole process. I keep coming back to smugmug as its hosting quality pisses all over any other image host ive ever used.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've been 'designing' mine for months. I start. Like it. Then hate it. Then start again.

I've been doing this for months as well. I've gone through literally hundreds of changes, some big and some small, but all adding to the delay!

As for domain names, nothing springs to mind, but I'll try and come up with something! Good luck with it anyway bud. :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
being mud / rally based what about dirtysnaps.com, will get you a lot of traffic (although mostly disappointed visitors lol)