ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Webspace help

A4 Avant
I'm trying to transfer a friends website onto new webspace provided by 123. The files are there but I'm not sure what address to type into an internet browser to be able to view the files.

Untitled-1-2.gif

Anyone help?

A4 Avant
It's a pain, all other webspace I've used it's been simple. But no matter what I type in it never shows in the browser window.

Ultra Red Clio 197
have the name servers for the domain name been changed to point to 123's webspace? if not then thats why you cant view the files as the domain name still points to the old webspace

123 reg nameservers are ns.123-reg.co.uk and ns2.123-reg.co.uk

You can change these settings within the control panel for the domain name however you will need to know who the domain was registered with. If it was 123 then transfer the domain to the same account of the webspace

Ultra Red Clio 197
But surely I should be able to view directly the files on the webspace? shouldn't I?

yes there will be a way to view the files without using the domain name. When the new webspace was bought you should have been provided with a temporary FTP Hostname to access the webspace while either the domain transfer was in progress or the nameservers were changing over.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
The FTP hostname is:

hosting7.123-reg.co.uk
This is a shared hostname and will direct to you the user folder on the FTP.

You should have either a 123-reg subdomain or a TLD to access the files through the browser. Either you would have requested one to be registered for you with the package, or you are wanting to transfer the old domain to the new hosting - in this case you need to update the name servers and there should be an FAQ / Support section on both companies sites to assist with this.

Ultra Red Clio 197
This is a shared hostname and will direct to you the user folder on the FTP.

You should have either a 123-reg subdomain or a TLD to access the files through the browser. Either you would have requested one to be registered for you with the package, or you are wanting to transfer the old domain to the new hosting - in this case you need to update the name servers and there should be an FAQ / Support section on both companies sites to assist with this.

just what I said above!! nameservers!