ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WEC cars

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Not what you’d expect a regular looking Audi A4 to be towing.

IMG_4878.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Didn’t take many photos to be honest. Few videos of the pit straight on the rain.

Tan the track Friday which was cool - changes it up a bit. I think we will go Wednesday next year because of the way they’ve sucked about with Quali / hyperpole etc we usually don’t see cars until Saturday!

IMG_3977.png
IMG_3799.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg
IMG_3953.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Didn’t take many photos to be honest. Few videos of the pit straight on the rain.

Tan the track Friday which was cool - changes it up a bit. I think we will go Wednesday next year because of the way they’ve sucked about with Quali / hyperpole etc we usually don’t see cars until Saturday!

Tuesday 11pm ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe, you’re in Le Mans for breakfast Wednesday.

Last edited:

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Tuesday 11pm ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe, you’re in Le Mans for breakfast Wednesday.
Yeh we’re going to explore options. Other one was tunnel decent time Wednesday, be there mid afternoon..

Sorry we didn’t catch up with you guys! Spent so much time avoiding torrential downpours in the grand stand! 🫠

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh we’re going to explore options. Other one was tunnel decent time Wednesday, be there mid afternoon..

Sorry we didn’t catch up with you guys! Spent so much time avoiding torrential downpours in the grand stand! 🫠

That’s alright mate, I spent most of the time at the campsite, wondering what the f**k I’m doing hungover in a field 😂

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

I was lucky to go with seasoned Le Man Vets. Pretty sure the route and timings they used sorted us out because we had zero traffic, and didn’t arrive feeling knackered either way.

Tuesday we left. Had dinner in Portsmouth (1:30hr from me). Got the 11pm sleeper ferry to Caen. Woke up the next day, 2 hrs to Le Mans. Arrive Wednesday morning. Our pick of the pitches in Epinettes despite a few people already being there.

Didn’t leave until Monday lunchtime-ish. Stopped at a small town on route for a beer (Orbec), went the scenic route to Honfleur that evening which was quite a nice little port town, decent restaurants and such. Then left first thing for the ferry. Home by 3:30pm Tuesday. Bosh.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I was lucky to go with seasoned Le Man Vets. Pretty sure the route and timings they used sorted us out because we had zero traffic, and didn’t arrive feeling knackered either way.

Tuesday we left. Had dinner in Portsmouth (1:30hr from me). Got the 11pm sleeper ferry to Caen. Woke up the next day, 2 hrs to Le Mans. Arrive Wednesday morning. Our pick of the pitches in Epinettes despite a few people already being there.

Didn’t leave until Monday lunchtime-ish. Stopped at a small town on route for a beer (Orbec), went the scenic route to Honfleur that evening which was quite a nice little port town, decent restaurants and such. Then left first thing for the ferry. Home by 3:30pm Tuesday. Bosh.
This was our 13th year 🤣 and we’re still tinkering with our set up!

We’ve always gone down Thursday morning and apart from the early years, never queued to get into Houx (booked pitches so no real worry trying to get space!) But then night quali used to be thrusday at 10/11pm so we’d set up, have a beer and go and watch it.

Usually the trip home is a day of travelling but door to door (I’m in Nottingham, the rest are Farnborough) is around 8hrs. Calais being a s**t show this year made it 15 🫠. We always go to Mulsanne Monday morning for breakfast at a cafe there and fuel etc. sod sending it home at 4pm after the race - the queue in houx to exit didn’t move for about 2hrs!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This was our 13th year 🤣 and we’re still tinkering with our set up!

We’ve always gone down Thursday morning and apart from the early years, never queued to get into Houx (booked pitches so no real worry trying to get space!) But then night quali used to be thrusday at 10/11pm so we’d set up, have a beer and go and watch it.

Usually the trip home is a day of travelling but door to door (I’m in Nottingham, the rest are Farnborough) is around 8hrs. Calais being a s**t show this year made it 15 🫠. We always go to Mulsanne Monday morning for breakfast at a cafe there and fuel etc. sod sending it home at 4pm after the race - the queue in houx to exit didn’t move for about 2hrs!!
Yeah we saw / heard about the queues post race. So many people moaning they had booked crossings that evening and were going to miss them. What did they expect?! Ever tried leaving silverstone after the Grand Prix