ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Connection Issues!

Bumder With A Buffer
Ok what have you guys done to this site to enable me not to be able to view ANY other website!! LOL

No seriously I am having an issue in that the ONLY website I can access at the moment is Cliosport! No youtube, google, msn, hotmail... Nothing! No other website works??!!!

Tough i can get on here fine everytime??!!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Think you were correct Sir!

Reset the crappy BTHomehub and now seems ok... Couldnt renew my IP addy to it for s**t! Those things are rubbish... although i think the old mans Laptop running Vista might be causing the issue Have to look into that a bit more at somepoint.

Why this was site was working though is beyond me!

Your PC would have cached the IP for here.. but couldn't look any more.
I doubt connecting a Vista machine would cause an issue with a Home Hub.. they're just very poor routers.. go and buy a different one.. :p

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmm i think il leave that as im moving out soon so the old man can live with the BT crap!!

Was always fine until he got that laptop.. started to get issues and it when he got that though as you say that router is pants!!

Good to see this site working when i didnt want it too!! :p :rasp: ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Your PC would have cached the IP for here.. but couldn't look any more.
I doubt connecting a Vista machine would cause an issue with a Home Hub.. they're just very poor routers.. go and buy a different one.. :p

As said above...the home hub isn't a good router at all...just don't do what one of my neighbours has done and bought a linksys and not bothered securing it at all!!!!

If I'd known that earlier I wouldn't have bothered getting broadband here! :rasp:

Just get something for ADSL and give the Home Hub the boot...went through 2 of them, and neither of them was THAT good!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
lol i used to use my neighbours broadband, who also happened to be my mate, for over a year without him noticing

TeZ

Non RS : (
I have a home hub , what would you lot reccomend i got instead under £100? that will be good for gaming.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I have a home hub , what would you lot reccomend i got instead under £100? that will be good for gaming.

For gaming, you'd need more than 54Mbps transfer over wireless. There is now G++Mimo and N1...N1 is the best (up to 300Mbps transfer over wireless) the G+ and G++ are upto around 108-125Mbps.

But its all about what you want to spend.

Even if you have a decent N1 router, if you've only got a card that will receive 54Mbps, you will get no major benefit apart from the range.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Is it possible to password protect a wireless network if you need to gain access to it with a PnP network card used for a games console. I've left my parents network without password protection as otherwise I don't think the router will let my little brother's xbox connect.