ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird noise during the drive

Renault Clio 172
Hello guys,

A week ago i started to hear a noise during the drive. It will start after the 10 min driving and comes from the front part of the car. At first i thought it is wheel bearing but the sound is constant, it will not change according to speed. This sound will disappear if i push a brake pedal.

Sometimes i have noticed that if i turn the wheels, then it seems also disappear, which should tell, that wheel bearing needs replacement.

If the wheel bearing is faulty, then the noise should appear immidiately ? Then the noise shoud be louder according to speed increase ? The brake event should not effect the noise ?

At idle speed engine is running smoothly, so it cannot be any engine fault also.

Could someone suggest, what could be wrong or is these symptoms similar to wheel bearing fault ?

Thank You in advance !
Madis

172 with k-tec sound
check your ecu bracket hasnt snapped, mine did this n drove me mad tryin to find what it was.

It's A Reno
You could have a lip of rust on your front discs. Just tap it/ file it off if so.