ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird noise under hard acceleration.

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
I have noticed a weird rattle sound when i floor it i think its from the engine. My mates 182 does it also, does anyone else hear it in there car and what is it???

Rattling and knocking noises are the Clio's forte. As people have asked, where is it coming from and how loud is it?

Mine still makes a knocking sound (although it's quieter than it us to be) when I accelerate hard even though I've tried various things to cure it.

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
It not crazy loud but very noticeable, it could be the exhaust but i don't think so, if you rev the car when its stopped you still hear it but you have to put the foot down before it does it.

Yeah my money is on the exhaust hitting the underside of the car if it's doing it when stationary, is it a metal on metal sound? Check the exhaust mounts, the rear ones are prone for wearing out.

Black Clio 16v 54 plate
yeh i have the same problem, i have an after market exhaust system and one of my mates told me it could be a loose bracket as they had the same problem, all he did was take it off and the rattle disapeared.

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
Yeah my money is on the exhaust hitting the underside of the car if it's doing it when stationary, is it a metal on metal sound? Check the exhaust mounts, the rear ones are prone for wearing out.

Cool thanks for that dude finguresxd thats what it is. it does sound like metal on metal.

Yeah it is fairly common due to the rear mounts being crap. Best thing to do do is waggle the backbox and check for excessive movement, or get under the car and get someone to rev it, you'll be able to see where it's hitting the heat shield underneath. If that's what the noise is obviously.