ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird problem with dash fog light

Everytime I press the breaks the rear fog light comes on, but faintly. The same occurs when I indicate both ways - the rear fog light also flashes to the indicator light next to the clocks.

I don't imagine it's anything major, but if I could fix it I'd prefer to.

The rear fog light itself doesn't come on when its dash light comes on though, and the light works when turned on.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Everytime I press the breaks the rear fog light comes on, but faintly. The same occurs when I indicate both ways - the rear fog light also flashes to the indicator light next to the clocks.

I don't imagine it's anything major, but if I could fix it I'd prefer to.

The rear fog light itself doesn't come on when its dash light comes on though, and the light works when turned on.

Mine does that too also when I'm in reverse

Common problem, remove the rear lights, unclip the plug and remove the clusters, take the bulbs out and just spray a bit of WD40 in there, its a moisture / contact problem.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Common problem, remove the rear lights, unclip the plug and remove the clusters, take the bulbs out and just spray a bit of WD40 in there, its a moisture / contact problem.

Thankyou that will be done in the morning

1.2 Campus Sport
Its something to do with your rear light earth. If you get someone to stand press the brake while you stand behind your car you will also be able to see the fog light come on slightly hence the reason your HUD shows the foglight being on.
To fix this, identify the earthing point (behind one of the rear lights) and sand down lightly to clean it. After this it should resolve the issue. I also recommend checking your rear light connectors on both sides to make sure they havent rusted and inadvertently created a circuit.
Thanks,
Ross

EDIT: What guysy said also works :)