ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weird sub question

my sub only works when i switch the car lights on for some reason can anyone help me.i have no idea why this is happening.

cheers

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

your link doesnt work but at a guess do you have your amp remote lead wired up to the lighting wire at the back of your headunit.

you know the wire I mean.. the one that makes your HU dim a bit when you put your lights on ?

you want to wire up the amp remote lead to the amp remote out lead on the back of the HU, its normally blue IIRC.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well if you are sure that you have the remote wired up correctly then the only other thing it could be would be the main amp power.

where have you connected the main 12v supply to the amp ?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Thats very strange then, the thing is the lighting wire will act as an earth until the lights are switched on, then it will give out at 12v + supply.

well the sub dont work if the lights are off but as soon as i switch them on it comes on.so i am currently driving around witrh my lights on

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

what about your HU ? does that work with your lights off.

somehow somewhere you must have the lighting wire that goes to your headunit in the wrong place. does you HU loose its memory when turn the car off and come back later ? does your HU stay on even after you have turned of the acc position on on the ignition ?

the lighting wire is normally orange/yellow.

Is it not quite frequently the other way round? With some headunits the remote turn-on/accessories/electric aerial output for connecting to your remote lead for the amp is actually orange or brown? I know for a fact that on my last two head units (aiwa and JVC) the correct output on the headunit wasnt coded blue! The lighting lead would usually be an input connection to the headunit, feeding it a signal so it knows when the lights are on. This wouldnt turn on the amp when the lights are on I wouldnt have thought.