ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weird temp and engine loss of power fault

clio 172
hiya all

right i was on track on Wednesday at anglsea for the cars first proper outing this year, before track i fitted new magnecore leads,spark plugs and coil pack. everything seemed fine until i went out on track.

during the first couple times out the car seemed spot on , i started to notice that the car was going above the half way on the water temp, so much so it started to rise rather quickly and at this point the car would seem to limit the power rather violently but wouldnt show any form of eml or limp home mode as the power would go as fast as it would come back on .

i also had trouble starting the car when the car was hot.

since getting the car home i have swapped the injectors and crank sensor . i do have a fuel pump and an coolant temp sensor but i havent had time to fit them yet, oh and i have swapped the thermostat as well.

if you watch the enclosed video you will see the power cut and come back on , i had a microphone on the indcution kit and also on the exhaust so you should be able to hear it when the engine cuts

has anyone else experienced something like this

clio 172
i haven't ran it since swapping anything as when i was tightening up the thermostat housing it cracked so im awaiting a replacement one of them. i will be fitting it as soon as it comes along with the coolant temp sensor that arrived today .