ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weird whistle noise when accelerating induction?

Nimbus R26r
Im having a strange noise come from the engine of my 182 cup, the noise occurs when i accelerate and in high gears low speed acceleration, pretty sure it's intake noise as its only when I accelerate. It sounds like a whistle could one of the cold air feed pipes be cracked? Thanks for any help

182 trackday racer
My 182 does that to but when you put the throttle to the floor. I think it is only intake noise.

182&5gtt
Hi,
i had the same prob with my cup, under acceleration it would develop a whistling chirp type noise.
yes induction i thought, i had renault dealer examine entire induction system and took a tech out and he agreed induction leak.
well, after another visit the replaced exhaust centre box under warranty, i was outraged at why they did this, the noise was still there obviously, i was under the car re-tightening the clamp as it had all hung down again and noiced a gaping hole in back of the cat.
(nothing to do with hard use:D )
would never have linked with the noise being produced! new cat on and prob solved, then the centre box was rattling again so new 1 two weeks later followed by the rear boxes! ahhh if it hadnt still been under warranty i would def go after market!
good luck.