ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weld in seat bars

Civic FN2 Track Car
Looking to get some weld in seat bars to make my drivers seat nice and low. Does anyone know of anyone in the essex region who can do this for me.

Thanks

I made my own, 25mm box and 50mm flat, cost less than £20 for material
uqybequq.jpg

Civic FN2 Track Car
I can buy the proper weld in rails for about £30 and only need drivers side, just need to find someone to weld them in. Your rails look good though

RenaultSport 172
My brother did mine, but only cos I asked him to. It's a bit of a muck around job getting it in the right position. Be careful when removing the original seat mountings as I ruined my floor doing it!

Any confident welder should be able to do it I'd say. Only picky bit is getting the measurements and positioning correct.

Just had mine done. But the place that did it was down in Redhill so a bit far from you.

Civic FN2 Track Car
Fantom would your brother be able to do mine :D i would provide money for beer
Martin. how much did they charge you? if there not to expensive i don't mind the drive. I went to Staffordshire for my cage to be welded in.

Civic FN2 Track Car
Martin.
My whole cage was only about £250 to get welded in, and the welds are really neat and they did it in a day. 3 days is a little long would need it turned around whilst I wait really as wouldn't have anyway to drop the car off and get home :(

@Martin.
My whole cage was only about £250 to get welded in, and the welds are really neat and they did it in a day. 3 days is a little long would need it turned around whilst I wait really as wouldn't have anyway to drop the car off and get home :(

My rear cage was £100 for the plates to be welded in and fitted.

If you're interested, give them a call, sure you could get it done whilst you wait if you booked a slot. I did it on the side thanks to Kelv, who knows the guy. So that's why it took a few days, which worked better for me anyway.

Remember, it is 4 bars to be welded to the floor, 8 plates on the end of the bars and 8 seat mounting points onto the bars. All needs to be lined up and positioned properly. So does take some time.

01737 772243 - Ask for Carl (manager) or Mark (welder)

Civic FN2 Track Car
My rear cage was £100 for the plates to be welded in and fitted.

If you're interested, give them a call, sure you could get it done whilst you wait if you booked a slot. I did it on the side thanks to Kelv, who knows the guy. So that's why it took a few days, which worked better for me anyway.

01737 772243 - Ask for Carl (manager) or Mark (welder)

Thanks martin ill give them a call.

Have you got any pictures of the work they did?