ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welder recommendations

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thought this was we the best place to ask this; Can any of the Scottish contingent recommend a welder/garage in the Stirling/Falkirk/Central Belt area that could repair my now rather non-existent driver’s side jacking point & floor pan section on my 172?

Welding is not something I can turn my hand to (as I found out during my apprenticeship), so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2728.jpeg

Ford fiesta
Thought this was we the best place to ask this; Can any of the Scottish contingent recommend a welder/garage in the Stirling/Falkirk/Central Belt area that could repair my now rather non-existent driver’s side jacking point & floor pan section on my 172?

Welding is not something I can turn my hand to (as I found out during my apprenticeship), so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1668537

@clio_ross sorry for the thread bump but i’m in the same situation looking for a welder in the central belt, did you manage to find someone to do the work?

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I spoke to both FOZ & CBR before Christmas:-

Kirk at CBR was booked solid until beginning of March, but believe this was something he could do.

FOZ pointed me in the direction of someone they’ve used for similar stuff, so I’ll be making enquires with them after the festive period.

So either give Kirk at CBR a shout or if I make any headway with my enquired with my other avenue, I’ll report back here.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I spoke to both FOZ & CBR before Christmas:-

Kirk at CBR was booked solid until beginning of March, but believe this was something he could do.

FOZ pointed me in the direction of someone they’ve used for similar stuff, so I’ll be making enquires with them after the festive period.

So either give Kirk at CBR a shout or if I make any headway with my enquired with my other avenue, I’ll report back here.
Kirk done a full respray on my ph1 172, I had a bit of a wait to get booked in but then he turned it around in just over 2 weeks and its flawless! seen some of his fabrication work on a Ferrari that was in for a full respray before mine and it was very nice
IMG_20210827_173428_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210827_173431.jpg
PXL_20230607_172559711.jpg
PXL_20220606_155317876.jpg