ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well I blood done it..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I only gone and reserved myself an Alpine CVA-1003r, never owned anything by alpine before (and I am getting a bloody good price on it)

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053258115__alpine.jpg

Stage 1: Alpine HU
Stage 2: Chipped X-box

The X-box has been chipped and will play all region dvds, it will also play AVI/OGM/MPG/DivX/Xvid/Mp3/OGG/WMA/WMV/ASF/BivX/MSmpeg4v1/AC3 (dolby digital 5.1)/VOB/Subs/JPG/GIF/BMP/Shoutcast and more

Stage 3: Wireless network on x-box

The wireless network will allow me to ftp into my house server and transfer some new films to it.

Stage 4: TV Tuner
Stage 5: DVD Navigation addon
Stage 6: Linux OS onto X-box (allowing voice control/voice replys to commands, downloading of latest news/weather/traffic etc.)

Additional work: putting my amp + subs into car, but will need to look into extended power through higher cap/additional batteries. Also getting the Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoder and fitting it to output from xbox..

Project Multimedia 172 begins Tuesday... whohoo..

i thought the max range for wireless on ADSL etc was only like 10 meters from the router etc ??

cant download films from ur ftp while driving 100s miles away!?? :)

if u can, let me know how. coz i got sh*t loads of divx filmz, and might do it myself

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

No, the idea of the wireless is that I dont have to take the box out of the boot everytime I want to put new mp3z and movies onto it..

The range is about 25m at worst, at 11mpbs, but if the speed is dropped down to 2mbps and there isnt much between the WAP and the box then you could get up to 0.5 killometers.

Very cool KDF.. Sort of thing Id do.. Nice and Geeky!

ssh to ya car? How damn cool will that be?!?!? hehe.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

dude i have wifi at home that can go 11mb up to 500 meters

and down to 2mb at 3km

but you need a rarther large antenna

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hmm sounds good. what make/model is it and what antenna are you using.. i dont want to have to put a massive antenna in my car..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ive been working out watts/amps etc usage in my car an trying to see how long I can run the xbox + hu/screen for.

The xbox pulls 100w which means i am going to buy an 150w dc/ac inverter.

now for every 10w of 240v power, its 1amp. I check the battery in the 172 and it is a 47ah battery which means

100w from xbox = 10amp

47ah / 10amp = 4.7

which means in theory my battery should run the xbox for 4.7 hours before needing recharged. BUT there is also the HU that I have to take into account plus the fact the battery has to still be able to start the car.

I was looking into yellow tops but are quite expensive. Does anyone know if I am likely to run into problems using the standard 47ah renault battery or do you think I will need to upgrade to a yellow top.

Presumably I could get a mains inverter that would cut off if the cars voltage dropped below 10v or somthing.. leaving me with enough power to start the car ?

anybody any good at this sort of stuff.. EvilICE maybe ?

ooooh xbox hard drives and driving around :sick:

Dont play it on the move whatever you do !! The heads in the drive will be bouncing around all over the place scratching the platters !!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Nah, I did my research into it, it should be alright. I am only gonna put a 5400rpm hdd in it and it will be alright.

If its switched off then the HDD is fine all the way up to massive shocks eg small cliffs.

but when its on you are right it might be a bit sensitive, givin that its illegal to drive while watching tv/movie/playing games etc. I dont think I will have to worry about that.