ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A.C Ryan Playon!HD Mini

Now by the looks of things i can connect it up to my network, plug in a usb pendrive and then copy files, say off my NAS box onto the usb pendrive? If so this would be ideal, i cant imagine the streaming will be that good over wifi so would be nice to have the option to copy locally using the device.

Can i ask what your set up is and whether you've experienced any lag when streaming?

the device will operate as a nas so you can copy it teh other way too

ye syou can copy from remote shares to local storage if you like

currently im wired and to start to play a 1080p video takes roughly 5 seconds i think

Go cry to your momma!
The boxee, what's it gonna cost when it's out?

I'm about this far --> - from buying a playon, should I waitttt?

I'm already waiting for the bloody MBP refresh.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It plays everything without f**king about and it's 1/3 of the price.
ok, so if i only have a ps3 (so will cost me more to get one of these things!) what does it give me, the ps3 seems to play everything i have tried on it?

you still have to download the files to your pc before you transfer them to it right?

and in reality, its not going to stream HD over wifi right? so i'd have to either ethernet it (not an option, too messy) or transfer to a usb drive or pen, so to me its not different than doing that and plugging it into my ps3?

just interested as i thought bunny was a ps3 owner?

I didn't think the PS3 will play MKV's without them being put through something to convert them first?

But if you have a PS3, I don't think there's a lot of point.

dk

911 GTS Cab
you're right, it doesn't natively play mkv's, but the conversion of the file takes less that a minute, 10-15 seconds most of the time, and i coincide it with copying to the usb drive at the same time so in reality it takes no extra time, as the encoding it simply changing the container, so it takes the time it takes to copy to the new location only.

much as i'd like a new toy in my life then, at the moment this doesn't seem like something i need.

I'm actually watching less and less downloaded stuff now, with SKy HD its all on there with very little delay these days, have swapped to watching House, 24, Lost, gossip girl, 90210, flash forward and kitchen nightmares as it all airs the same week.

They aren't as far behind as they used to be but I prefer them with no adverts.

I just want an unlimited iTunes subscription. I wouldn't download anything then. Steaming is the future.

I've found improved video quality from using a media player as opposed to PS3 and PS3 Media Server. Proven apples for apples with the same file in the exact same scene. That's reason enough for me to not use the PS3 anymore. I've also been able to stream to my player (using PS3 Media Server) in 1080p over wireless N with no issues.

PS3 is very good as a media player but it's not as good as a bespoke setup. I'm a hardcore collector so for someone like me it's worth the small expense. I've used both options extensively so I'm in a good position to offer an impartial opinion.