ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well i fitted my -40mm APex Springs!!

No more clio's for me!
Got them in on Wednesday, what can i say...i'm still in two minds on whether this was a good move or not!! From some angles the car looks great, from others is just looks odd. I'll get some pics up tomorrow (when the cars clean!!) but i'm seriously considering changing back. :(

No more clio's for me!
It just doesn't look how i hoped.

Just can't help thinking, it wasn't broke - so why in the hell did i try and fix it!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
you'll get used to it mate......

Trust me it'll look and feel 100% better..... try getting one of your mates to drive past you in your vehicle, you dont fully apreciate how smart your motor looks until you see it from the outside!!

Not sure what you were expecting really, Springs will take a little while to settle properly if you feel its not dropped as much as it should.

No more clio's for me!
^Loony, thats not it at all mate, the drop is quite alot already. Probably learn to love it, especially when its clean tomorrow.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Are you insane, those springs are good! nice drop! Beta than the tractor look. Uprated dampers and you've got a very tight car.

ant

yep.
fred did mine on tuesday.

i fookin' love them!!! turn-in was always good but now its just amazing!!
sure you feel more bumps and aquire some new rattles but well worth it!

No more clio's for me!
Cleaned the car, pic's below....

Before: -

I've had time and miles to reflect.....i'm in love, the stance of the car from distance looks amazing, the drive - i'm speechless, the improvement is just imense, i could drive/corner it all day long and the grin would never disappear:D ! Me thinks i was a little hasty with a reaction, i withdraw all comments above:eek:

Comments as always gratefully received.

Ta,
Dan :race:

No more clio's for me!
dutty_112 said:
looks mint mate!! cup spoiler and splitter will finish the car off :)

Was thinkin of the splitter, but theres plenty of b*stard speed bumps around here and i'v already caught it once. I am very tempted!! :)

Clio 172 mk2
I am not yet comfortable with mine 2months later. The back is nice and low but the front looks too high to me.

No more clio's for me!
Jurgs said:
I am not yet comfortable with mine 2months later. The back is nice and low but the front looks too high to me.

I'm a little different, i like the front as is, and if i'm honest i would prefer the back to be 5mm higer, never been one for the citreon bx look. Just like the body to sit on the wheels, not to disappear under it. Each to their own tho.

Clio 172 mk2
dannyboy172 said:
I'm a little different, i like the front as is, and if i'm honest i would prefer the back to be 5mm higer, never been one for the citreon bx look. Just like the body to sit on the wheels, not to disappear under it. Each to their own tho.

Citroen BX look is exactly the right way to put it, that is what it looks like to me at the moment.
Clio2006002.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
Why is that with all blokes, the first thing they photograph is their car, when they get a new camera. My neighbour was on his drive taking pictures of his jag the same time i was taking mine. Saddos the lot of us. Any, here is another I took. Good to hear that someone else likes the look. So far my Evo and Scooby driving friends say it looks like a skateboarder used my car as a ramp.
Clio2006001.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
Rich_16v said:
Looks like you've partially blocked the beam on the xenon by sticking tape over the headlight ?!

Got a bit carried away with stickering it and keep meaning to take it off before I take it for the MOT,which is next week. So thanks for the reminder.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Jurgs said:
Got a bit carried away with stickering it and keep meaning to take it off before I take it for the MOT,which is next week. So thanks for the reminder.

Mate, no disrespect, but the tape does nothing for the look of the car...I'm all for indivuality, but that is horrific! The rims, lowering and disks look spot on! like gaz's and scott's on here. and i quite like the k-tec sticker position. But the makeshift gordini stripes look...well...crap really!

Ali

Elise/VX220/R26
love the black 172 the drop is nice more than you'd expect from 40mm springs I wish I'd done it to mine. Getting some springs fitted to the meg soon so will post some pics when its sorted

No more clio's for me!
jonnyboy said:
love the black 172 the drop is nice more than you'd expect from 40mm springs I wish I'd done it to mine. Getting some springs fitted to the meg soon so will post some pics when its sorted

Cheers mate, i'm very attached to this little mota. In a sad, non ghey sort of way of course!!

Keep us updated with the meg son. ;)

I don't realise how low my car actually is until I park it up to a standard Clio - scary! I had big concerns about 6 months after fitting my Apex's and was looking for something with a bit more comfort. I keep on scraping the front as it is so ain't getting a cup splitter, as much as I want one. But it's no wonder you feel a few more bumps and bangs when your car's as low as this:

IMG_2302.gif

IMG_2311.gif

Apex springs give it a right 'evil f*cker' stance as in my second pic...

No more clio's for me!
I son, looks well mean. tbh it was your pics that made me go for it, kept looking at them and um'ing and r'ing (remember from a previous thread) on whether i should do it. So i went ahead and bloody well did, and love it!! Cheers :)