ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well I guess my daily deserves a thread too low+slow content

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
So I'm currently playing around with my 197 as a few if you will know, going the more track orientated route now,

so I got my self a big power Clio for daily use 1.5 dci 65bhp monster!

started life as standard ph2 dci in white, but has slightly changed since then
now has a full ph1 172 front end (bonnet,wings,bumper and lights etc) as you can imagine looks rather nice in white too if I may say so myself.

At the rear of the car it has a 182 rear end (bumper and exhaust and cup spoiler)

interior is full sport half leather/alcantara

but my favourite part is the wheels, I opted for something a bit different from the norm and have fitted some 7.5x16 Schmidt Modern lines with a tiny bit of stretch , accompanied with coil overs and a nice drops I'm happy with the car all round!

car isn't 100% yet and does need some panel tweaking but isn't far off! And with 600 mile to £50 I love it!

i call her my Phase1.5Dci+

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
2eduqeha.jpg

qu4yduse.jpg
ysyveby4.jpg

Need some better ones

Albi blue 197
Just realised its my profile pic on here back in te old days :p don't know if you can see it though kris x

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
the DCi's are the future, so so cheap,
looks like a really nice example, not exactly cheap motoring when you are going to those extremes on it, but fair play

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Cheers buddy! Aw if you mean to match front , that was before I had lights in haha just looks like a have black fronts :p

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Cheers matey , well hasn't cost as much as you may think as most bits me and Craig had lying around and my friend is a painter so wasn't too expensive :)! Only really the wheels tbh

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers matey , well hasn't cost as much as you may think as most bits me and Craig had lying around and my friend is a painter so wasn't too expensive :)! Only really the wheels tbh

ah fair enough, thats pretty handy when it works out like that,
similar case with mine, needed to update a few issues on my DCi 80 and a friend had ph1 172 lying around so we switched the whole drivetrain, brakes, driveshafts, widetrack, suspension etc etc etc, its alot handier as parts are more easy to come by and cheaper as can find everything on here....
I suggest you do the same with the front end just to space out those front wheels some more....

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Haha ideal!, yeah that's the plan we have all parts to do it and I'm also going to run a 172 rear axle with discs etc as we have a spare few of them too :)!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ps I was going to comment on the hideous black front lights, but then saw the other replies, LOL

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Basically From this...
a3egyvym.jpg

To this...
emarysev.jpg
py3a3eme.jpg

To this..
y5avyry2.jpg

Then I got it and did this.....

u4e7ysug.jpg

umyhadaz.jpg

Sorry for poor quality of pictures!

172 Flamer, BMW E46
This makes me want schmidts on my slammed 5 door.. hmm! are they 8J all round? whats the offset on them?

such a nice daily!

it on coilovers?

although, something doesn't look like it fits right on the front end...

9erenenu.jpg

Look where the wing meets the bonnet :S

Is it something to do with the ph2/1 swap?

still looks epic though! should have definately made ph1's in white!

So I'm currently playing around with my 197 as a few if you will know, going the more track orientated route now,

so I got my self a big power Clio for daily use 1.5 dci 65bhp monster!

started life as standard ph2 dci in white, but has slightly changed since then
now has a full ph1 172 front end (bonnet,wings,bumper and lights etc) as you can imagine looks rather nice in white too if I may say so myself.

At the rear of the car it has a 182 rear end (bumper and exhaust and cup spoiler)

interior is full sport half leather/alcantara

but my favourite part is the wheels, I opted for something a bit different from the norm and have fitted some 7.5x16 Schmidt Modern lines with a tiny bit of stretch , accompanied with coil overs and a nice drops I'm happy with the car all round!

car isn't 100% yet and does need some panel tweaking but isn't far off! And with 600 mile to £50 I love it!

i call her my Phase1.5Dci+

I can't wait to pick mine up Thursday :)

Be nice not to fill up all the time lol

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
such a nice daily!

it on coilovers?

although, something doesn't look like it fits right on the front end...

9erenenu.jpg

Look where the wing meets the bonnet :S

Is it something to do with the ph2/1 swap?

still looks epic though! should have definately made ph1's in white!

Yeah the inner wings need slightly modifying slightly , just a little tweak as I'd originally said, just wanting for a ran free day to do it! It just needs the lip trimming off in order for wings to sit lower at front thus completing the front end, also proves a face-drop can be done where many people said its impossible , once wings are say right headlights will also line up correctly :)!
And yeah it's on coilovers too

Thanks

Yeah the inner wings need slightly modifying slightly , just a little tweak as I'd originally said, just wanting for a ran free day to do it! It just needs the lip trimming off in order for wings to sit lower at front thus completing the front end, also proves a face-drop can be done where many people said its impossible , once wings are say right headlights will also line up correctly :)!
And yeah it's on coilovers too

Thanks

oh right! I thought it was a straight swap aha, looks good though, the aerial at the front bugs me on mine, as its a fishing rod!