ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went to the dealers today...

n2x

e60/f10
Have a couple of problems with the 2001 clio 172 ph1 which i want to take care of, one of them being the cam belt. I got a quote and they said a bunch of things needed to be changed with the belt. I wanted to ask you guys if they are telling the truth because to be honest i'm quite novice on the engine part.

cam/timing belt - ~230£
+

camshaft cork 57mm? equivalent to meganes part :7700106271 ~10£
camshaft cork 42mm? meganes part : 7700274026 ~4£
(They put meganes parts just for me to know what the price range would be)
Water pump ~90£
generator belt ~20£

Are they telling the truth? Also whats the difference between an aux belt and a cam/timing belt? Are they the same thing?
I also described them a couple of noises i keep hearing when driving but they could tell me nothing but to go to diagnostics. The first problem i have comes from under the bonnet and sounds like a belt which gets louder when accelerating. It can also be heard when out of gear, but the noise isn't that loud then. The other noise appears when accelerating in 1st gear to higher rpm range. Its some sort of knocking noise and only happens when the foot is not all the way down but rather half way.

Cheers for the replies guys!

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
Hi!

The cam-shaft cork's you have said, do need replacing yes. They go on the other side of the engine to the cam pulleys.

The ''generator belt'' is the aux belt. (auxillairy)

The cambelt and aux. belt are different and both need to be replaced.

Get it done ASAP...