ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet rear passenger side footwell

Clio 1.6 16V
Today when i got to the car in the morning it had a puddle of water only on the rear passenger side footwell.

The car was parked and it rained a lot during the night.

Does anyone experienced this ? It's weird since it's only on the left rear footwell, fronts are dry as well as right rear footwell.

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked the black bungs next to the rear light clusters are in tight? Mine were loose and would let water in. Soaked the rear carpets. Sealed up with tiger seal and I’ve not had a problem since.

Might be worth checking your door seal too? No sure if it would just let water into the rear footwell but you never know.

Clio 1.6 16V
Have you checked the black bungs next to the rear light clusters are in tight? Mine were loose and would let water in. Soaked the rear carpets. Sealed up with tiger seal and I’ve not had a problem since.

Might be worth checking your door seal too? No sure if it would just let water into the rear footwell but you never know.

I haven't but i will, but if it was those the boot would also be wet right ?

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I would have thought so. I take it your boot and under the boot mat is bone dry?
I’d certainly check the door seal to rule that one out.

Clio 1.6 16V
Yeah, I would have thought so. I take it your boot and under the boot mat is bone dry?
I’d certainly check the door seal to rule that one out.
Yes boot mat is completely dry, and i removed rear seats for inspection and are also dry, probably the door seal is the one to go since the front footwells are both dry as well.