ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet track

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio cup 172
Hi im looking for some advice basically everyone says about put these tires on your car or those or the other when it's pissing down with rain what are the chances of you actually crashing I know you can spin around and s**t but basically at say somewhere like Bedford where it's like driving down a motorway a 6 lane motorway what sort of speed or how tits up would it have to go go for you to roll the car or have a big off can you just go flat out in the rain and then you just spin and spin and spin because it's wet rather than rolling it or something because it grabs the ground and flips over

Swift Sport
Not sure where you're going with the question, but dedicated wet weather tyres are going to be beneficial on track. The risk comes purely down to the driver regardless of the weather. On a wet track the main thing to be mindful of is if you get onto the grass you're almost certainly heading straight for the barrier.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Hi im looking for some advice basically everyone says about put these tires on your car or those or the other when it's pissing down with rain what are the chances of you actually crashing I know you can spin around and s**t but basically at say somewhere like Bedford where it's like driving down a motorway a 6 lane motorway what sort of speed or how tits up would it have to go go for you to roll the car or have a big off can you just go flat out in the rain and then you just spin and spin and spin because it's wet rather than rolling it or something because it grabs the ground and flips over
Why don't you go flat out and find out! Come back here and tell us all about it after.. Ill be surprised if you don't wind up in a hospital bed after you've clattered the armco and flipped over it.. [emoji2357]

My question to you is, OP, do you drive flat out on public roads when its wet? Or do you air on the side of caution and drive to the conditions?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Every circuit has corners which are more or less forgiving if you get it wrong. Just use your common sense. You don’t have to give it 110% on every corner. But yeah, there’s less stuff to hit than say Cadwell or Nurburgring and it’s not like Knockhill or Donington where every other corner is a gravel-trap barrel roll waiting to happen.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's down to the driver and their car.

If you drive like a mongo in a shitheap with barely legal ditchfinders on it, then the chances of wrapping it up in the wet are pretty high.
If you can drive to the conditions AND your own ability, then have access to a set of wet tyres you'll probably be alright.

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Doesn't need to be wet at bedford, who would have thought you could roll in the outward pit lane there

Status
Not open for further replies.