ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s the highest revs you’ve had in 5th

CTR EK9 turbo

Ive managed 6500 rpm following a Nissan Pulsar GTiR for ages (private runway of course) i couldnt get it any higher (drag too high on a hatch back)

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

I had over 7k in my 19 16v on the M3 once.

Reset the computer in the middle of it and it was returning 7mpg.

Paul

Had the shift light come on in 5th on a Belgian Auto-route in my standard mk2 172.
The speedo was reading 145mph+ & the bonnet was shaking, so I decided to back off!
Has anyone beat that for a max speed run? At the time I had 3 people in the car & all their luggage.

Jon

Yeh 6900rpm in mine is a nats whisker under 150mph. Bloody scary doing that kind of speed in a Clio i can tell you (especially on a private road, nudge nudge).

Dazz

about 7500 rpm in 1.8 144mph

hit limiter on 2ltr 6900rpm (i think) got almost 150mph going down a hill other wise about 143mph on flat tarmac

when engine was running in that is, may be a bit more now?? worth getting the willy engine lightend and balanced could easily hit 150mph then