ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What 6x9’s

Infinity Kappa 6x9s from Bass Junkies - £99

Ive been told theyre sh*t hot!

Ill be on the phone to order mine tommorow.

I HAVE PIONEER EMOTION SPEAKERS..THEY ARE SIMPLY THE BEST SPEAKERS I HAVE EVER HAD..COMBINE THEM WITH EMOTION SPEAKER IN THE FRONT 5INCH I BELIEVE AND YOU CANT GO WRONG...ABOUT 80-95 THE PAIR

HOPE THAT HELPS

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

depends do you have a sub ???

if so dont get 6x9s as they will cancell each other out.

get some components for the rear will give u much better sound.

MalicE

I would agree with Malice. In any system whether you have a sub or not, you will get much better sound quality with components.

If however you want to go for 6" x 9"s then i would suggest the Audiobahn AS693 3-ways. They will take a massive 200watts RMS and look and sound sweet with black cone, chrome basket, pivoting tweeter and huge 40oz magnet. At the moment we have them on special offer at a fantastic price of £88 including VAT and delivery. Are they the best value 6" x 9"s on the market..yes we think so.

Visit http://www.evilice.co.ukwww.evilice.co.uk for more details

Russ

MBQuart DTC169

6 x 9 inch Discus Series 3 way triaxial speakers with 13mm tweeters, power handling 140W, crossover frequency 4200Hz/8000Hz

I was thinking of gettin some vibe 6*9s, what do u think?

Vibe SA69

The Vibe Sonic 6x9 is a totally outrageous speaker, each component is hugely powerful making it one of the most forceful 6x9 speakers available today. The massive chromed magnet is similar to that used on the Vibe Pulse subwoofers, the cone is polyproylene with a butyl rubber surround. A high power tweeter and midrange combination keep up with the extended bass response.

6x9" - 100W RMS/300W Max

if they were all the same price, including the JBLs what wud you people get, im more for the VIBEs but not sure what the others are like

IMHO youd be better going for a decent sub and amp, coupled with a quality set of components,

but if you must have 6x9s, the Kicker KI690 are a decent enough speaker producing enough deep notes to fool the uneducated into thinking you have got a sub

agreed bam bam, i just got my 6x9s as a temp measure. ive now got my amp, so once i get the sub...ill be getting rid of the 6x9s

If youre thinking of installing a separate sub and amp afterwards I would steer clear of the Vibe 6x9s as the bass will be far too heavy. Those Vibe 6x9s (because of the hoooge magnet) are very bassy for speakers of that size. The Pioneer Emotion 6x9s that have been mentioned are very good quality but tend to sound very harsh at the top end. Steer clear of MB Quart as they are very poor build quality (thats why theyre so cheap)!

Infinity 6x9s are the ones to go for mate. Nice clear sound and bass when its needed.

if your getting a sub dont get 6x9s, they just dont go together!

however if you aint a big fan of bass, i have my fronts and 6x9s amped and its a very clear and nice sound

It is possible to get 6x9s and subs working well together. Just have more emphasis on the front speakers and lower the amount of bass coming from the 6x9s. A good way to do it is set the fader setting on your h/u to 0 (meaning front and rear are balanced the same), then gradually bring the fader setting forward to the front speakers until you can notice a reduction in the amount of noise from the 6x9s. Also, a lot of people tend to have the volume and frequency settings on their amps up to the max which results in very heavy bass. For some people this sounds great but I think too much bass ruins the overall sound of a system.