ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a t**t look what I've given my car for Xmas

ph1 172 Black
100_2709.jpg

ph1 172 Black
So are ph1 wings same as 1.2 etc cause I'm gonna have to get a new wing and I'm not gonna get a 172 ph1 Sport in black from scrap yard am I. Was wondering if wings are same on standard ones or will I have to get a Sport one new and get it sprayed.

I'm so gutted I feel sick. Tired and doing three point turn and clipped a knackered Mondeo. Don't think door has been pushed in so new arch and touch up job I hope. Really haven't got money for this at this time of year but can't leave it like this!

172cup
Hope you owned up to the Mondeo driver.

I don't think the ph1 wings are plastic like the ph2, i'm not sure though. Looks like fibreglass on your pic though?

M

mini-valver

The wings are different mate. They are'nt exactly expensive from Renault though. £60 IIRC

M

mini-valver

You have to spray into the door to get the colour to match with it being metallic! Nothing better than a kick in the sack ;)

ph1 172 Black
Hope you owned up to the Mondeo driver.

I don't think the ph1 wings are plastic like the ph2, i'm not sure though. Looks like fibreglass on your pic though?

Yeah I did. To dark to see anything but I'll pay if they want it fixing. Begrudge with it being a s**t old car but I'd like to think someone would do same for me so I had no choice but to own up.

www.renparts.co.uk
no need for a new wing. Take it to a decent bodyshop and they should skim it with filler and paint that and blow it into the wing for you.

Hyundai i40
try a body shop before u go out buying new wing....im sure they will be able to sort it out withot buying a whole wing

ph1 172 Black
Looked in daylight and maybe won't need a new arch. Gonna take it to spray shop when get chance. Sounds from some of the other accident threads mine was minor.

Things is it's my Sunday car and I drive a lot at work. Stupid mistake and it ain't down to lack of skill it's just being human and making a mistake. It happens to all non-perfect people. Thats what I keep trying to tell myself!

BMW 320d SE
Unlucky. That makes me feels slightly better about dinging my car today. I scraped the NS wingmirror and scuffed the NSR wheelarch on the bumper - not amused, but nothing compared to that!

ph1 172 Black
Remember my accident well it fixed at last

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 61
  ph1 172 Black
how much?

Had wing filled and repaired. Had bonnet sand, scuffs underneath from being caught on ramps filled and fog light sanded down due to cracked laquer, bonnet sanded filled smoothed and sprayed and one alloy where brake dust was stuck to laquer and curbed.

All for £300 cash. Would seem cheap but they put fine scratches all over car wiping it down and took a week and half since I refused to take it once.
Had to polish up with rotary myself to remove scratches because I didn't trust their polishing. The spraying is mint but there prep is not as good.