ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What accounts package for small business?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Can anyone recommend a particular accounts package suited to a small retail business?

I dont need any pay roll facilities or anything like that.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Sage but its the shittest program in the world. Spoken by someone who has to manage it from an IT perspective.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
DarthCake said:
Sage but its the sh*ttest program in the world. Spoken by someone who has to manage it from an IT perspective.

Seconded. Biggest pile of w**k ever. Awful user interface (come on, it's 2006, how about implementing proportional scroll bars), over complicated search....

Thank god I only have to use it when I try to find a receipt when I want to upgrade software etc.

DarthCake said:
Sage but its the sh*ttest program in the world. Spoken by someone who has to manage it from an IT perspective.

One package is OK.

I've installed Line50, Payroll and Bill Of Materials once.. all integrated - now that was a bit messy.. but, it worked..

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've worked with Sage Line50 for various companies for the last few years...does exactly what it says on the tin, is easy to get to grips with and not overly complicated from a "what the f*** do I know about accounts" point of view.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I picked up Quickbooks from Intuit last night and it seems good so far for £40

My only gripe is that it doesnt allow me to calculate exact profit for each invoice, its a small gripe, but the best thing about it is that its very very easy to use and stock isnt rigidly controlled in it.

I can work out profits form the profit and loss statement each month instead.

Excellent and perfect for me.

sn00p said:
Biggest pile of w**k ever.
Yet, it's the most successful package out there.

I don't think I've been to a medium-sized/large company who doesn't use Sage at some point.. infact, all the smaller companies I've been to use it also..

Sure there are alternatives, but Sage is probably the most widely used on the Windows platform.

paddymcc said:
Can anyone recommend a particular accounts package suited to a small retail business?

I dont need any pay roll facilities or anything like that.

go for sage line 50 but do your payroll as well you will get paid buy the gov over the next few years £600. i think is still available .i am the only person on my payroll and i will get £850.00 back:)