ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what are your thoughts on this r26

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
well insurance is due and im going to be buying a new car hopfully a r26 so what do you think of this

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classi...page/1/postcode/tn395ee/radius/1500?logcode=p

i dont know what the milage is yet but i'll have to find out

it seems to be the cheapest about so is it to good to be true or should i jump at it?

anyone know any of the history, pre owners etc.?

know of any good r26's about worth looking at in the lower price range please show me.

any c&c welcome

cheers bobby

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Jim's rejects
No mileage mentioned and the price... gotta be circa 100k.
Jenic was selling his on here, think there is another in the cars for sale section too.

I viewed a black one when I bought mine in 08. looked super clean in show room, test drove and came back and it was a filthy as our lass on a bottle of rose.

I ended up with a silver one.

Found it on ebay motors chief, with 99k on the clock: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-M...6745465?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item5646e736f9

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
that has done a billion miles as it doesnt sat in the ad, thats what i always find

dont even think about buying a cheap one, if you havent got the money dont bother.

225 with cup packs in your bugdet

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
i've owned my silver 182 for 2 years now so kind of want a change of colour.

yeah i was kind of expecting it to be around 100k at that price :(

very strange how its priced at 5.5 on autotrader and a few other places but 7k on ebay :/

dont know if i would want a meggy with 100k though...

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
that has done a billion miles as it doesnt sat in the ad, thats what i always find

dont even think about buying a cheap one, if you havent got the money dont bother.

225 with cup packs in your bugdet

yeah im considering a 225 but i only want one with the face lift and they dont seem to far away to r26 prices, well they dident a week or so ago.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
i would love a trophy if it came in another colour lol i had a silver car for 2 years so fancy a chance plus i just cant get on with the old style front bumper. i have had a look on meganesport.net not alot on their tbh.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
lol yeah i thought it was very cheap but yeah 99k dont know if i would trust it could see something major going wrong and costing me a fortune.

their were quite afew floating around for £6000 though plus you can always haggle a little bit ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
firstly thank you lemonnobby, uummm i just cant decide what model to go out of those i would have to splash out and get the r26 i think :)

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly don't get a black R26 i made that mistake and it was a royal pain in the arse keeping it clean, like you mentioned 1 drive and it was filthy and it totally ruined the experience for me as I tend to keep my cars cleannnn and I just couldn't keep up with it in the end. Got so fed up I ended up selling it before I really gave it a chance, for the money they really hard to beat and looking back now I wish I had given it more time to find the right one.

As for the cheap car again don't do it, I was blinkered on a 225F1 before I got my r26 was the cheapest going and it was for a reason! Got rid after just 48hrs of owning it!

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
Firstly don't get a black R26 i made that mistake and it was a royal pain in the arse keeping it clean, like you mentioned 1 drive and it was filthy and it totally ruined the experience for me as I tend to keep my cars cleannnn and I just couldn't keep up with it in the end. Got so fed up I ended up selling it before I really gave it a chance, for the money they really hard to beat and looking back now I wish I had given it more time to find the right one.

As for the cheap car again don't do it, I was blinkered on a 225F1 before I got my r26 was the cheapest going and it was for a reason! Got rid after just 48hrs of owning it!

I got no interest in getting a 225 f1 all seem to be r26 money and I hate the blue on the recaro's. So why did you sell in 48hours what was wrong with it?

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Megane R26
If you are interested I have my Megane R26 for sale, 62K, 1 owner from new (me), Full service history and has just had Cambelt service done, £6800. PM me for more details. Based in Kent so not too far.

Tom

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  BMW M135i
I got no interest in getting a 225 f1 all seem to be r26 money and I hate the blue on the recaro's. So why did you sell in 48hours what was wrong with it?
Don't take any offence to this but what happens is being buy them for this money and won't spend the money on the cars upkeep, the same thing has happened to the 1*2 now they can be had for £2k.

They cost more to run than a 182 and if you cheap out on things then they rapidly turn into dogs, this has happened to 90% of Ph1s and its now happening to most Ph2s too. The parts aren't cheap and at this age they need various things replacing, cambelt around this age for one and this is just statutory servicing.

If you can't afford a few £500+ bills then don't buy one.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 197 RB
If you want me to have a look at the Black R26 at the Hillingdon Motor Company for you I can!
I live down the road from them. Let me know if you want me to look for you and save you a trip if it's a heap.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
It still amazes me why people look at rock bottom price cars and think they have found a bargain ! Does the price not tell you it will be a proper dog lol ?
Cheap is ALWAYS cheap for a reason !
The money you save will be spent and way more getting it right .

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
It still amazes me why people look at rock bottom price cars and think they have found a bargain ! Does the price not tell you it will be a proper dog lol ?
Cheap is ALWAYS cheap for a reason !
The money you save will be spent and way more getting it right .

This could be the case but on the other hand some people could look after their car, no neglect etc. but when they look to price their car they look at the cheapest and price it around that which leads to you getting a good deal. That's the way I see it anyway.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
If you want me to have a look at the Black R26 at the Hillingdon Motor Company for you I can!
I live down the road from them. Let me know if you want me to look for you and save you a trip if it's a heap.

Cheers for the offer mate but I'm going to leave that one now I know the milage.