ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What brake discs and pads

clio 182
Hi. After doing a track day on Saturday its clear I need better brakes.
What should I go for. Are ebc any good as I get 33% discount on them?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am about to go back to the OEM single piston brakes and this is what I am going for. My car is just used for trackdays, weekends.

Brembo HC discs
Carbon Lorranie RC6 pads
Braided lines ( if you don't already have them )

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Subjective area this one. I was using EBC yellow and managed about 4 trackdays before they gave up. I have just fitted a set of RC6's, I haven't had them on track yet, but my impression of them on road is that they feel really strong.

I liked the 'feel' of the yellowstuff, they just didn't last all that long!

clio 182
I spoke to a person in a clio at the track day and he used RC6 and said they didn't last long but they were great. I think he said they lasted 2 track days. He was on RC5 and was suffering brake fade. Now I'm confusee....

Van
I just fitted CL RC6's with Brembo HC discs to the front of mine and OE rears. Its a stripped track only cup with no ABS and they are the best brakes I have ever stood on.

Noisy though.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I spoke to a person in a clio at the track day and he used RC6 and said they didn't last long but they were great. I think he said they lasted 2 track days. He was on RC5 and was suffering brake fade. Now I'm confusee....

IIRC the RC5 isn't a track/ race pad. The RC6 endurance would last a lot longer, but cost quite a bit more.

I've heard nothing but good things about the pagid blues too, they last ages but cost nearly £200 a set.

clio 182
It sounds like its worth going for the pagid blues if they last a long time and beaking performance is good.
Would you recomend the brembo hc discs with them...

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I am about to go back to the OEM single piston brakes and this is what I am going for. My car is just used for trackdays, weekends.

Brembo HC discs
Carbon Lorranie RC6 pads
Braided lines ( if you don't already have them )

I vote for these as well

PH2 172
G 172 is the man on here for brakes.Look in traders section.There`s nothing wrong with plain Brembo HC and standard brembo pads,used them at Llandow,no problems.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Can someone tell me what the benefits of the hc discs is.

They have pillar vents that are better for cooling the discs compared to normal vented discs

I just ordered some Brembo HC discs from Kam Racing £35 inc vat.

Not sure what George on here ( G 172 ) sells them for, he might be even cheaper.

That's excluding postage mate

I'm £45 posted for them but I only send them on a proper courier service and physically stock then to ensure stock levels and fast delivery

clio 182
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my brakes too, they have the
Brembo HC discs
Carbon Lorranie RC6 pads
on ktec racing for £190 delivered, was just wondering if this is a good price?

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
I have just come back from the Nurburgring, and in total I did 20 laps in 2 days. My brake setup is standard discs and lines, fogs and liners removed, on the front I use CL RC6 pads, and EBC yellowstuff on the back, with Motul RBF600 fluid. I did 6 TF laps on Sunday morning, and I did a trackday on Monday afternoon where the DH straight is open so you don't bother with the barrier etc. During the trackday (afternoon only), I managed 14 laps, doing 3 or 4 laps at a time. It was only at the end of these stints where you could feel the pedal starting to go long.

I haveused various other pad setups at the Ring over the years, and the RC6 pads are the best I have used by far.

Downside - the noise is terrible. When I fitted the pads, I used some anti squeal paste from Mintex as opposed to copper grease. This worked for a month before the squealing started. I CBA to take the pads in and out to re-paste on a regular basis, so I just live with the noise. Saying that, I checked the pads for the amount of friction material left on them this morning, and they look to have minimal wear.