ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What browser do you use?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've been a Chrome guy since the day it was released, but recently it's been running like s**t... I could take the lagging (just about) but now it just stops completely. I cannot scroll with the touchpad or touchscreen, and have to drag the scroll bar down with the cursor which is just terrible. This is happening a couple of times a day and it's so annoying!

Decided to give Edge another go, which is better, but it has problems too. Still get some lag with scrolling but sometimes typing can take seconds to load up!? Rubbish.

Tried Firefox again recently but don't like that at all. I quite like Opera to be honest, might have to give that a longer trial. Just wondering if there's anything else I'm missing? I've heard of Vivaldi too, is it worth a try?

Ta.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Mostly Firefox, sometimes epiphany.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm on a Surface Pro. I actually find it to be more sluggish sometimes, than the 4 year old one it replaced!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Surface Pros tend to struggle with most things, but Firefox is usually a solid bet

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Brave.

Chromium based, but chops out almost all advertising by design, rather than plugin.

I only converted about 3 months ago, and it gives you handy stats, like the attached.

Also, has 'TOR window' mode, so you it fires up a TOR protected tab as and when you need it.

It's chrome, but made awesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 20.50.21.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 20.50.21.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 85

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Edge Chromium builds started coming out today, but only for Microsoft employees (and people with Azure) definitely interested in trying that out, hope it's basically Chrome with Edge's speed!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, Microsoft are moving over to Chromium internals for their Edge browser. A few teething issues and problems (to be expected) but I think it's a good move personally.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Internet explorer

Only kidding

Chrome on phone and laptop