ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Can I Do

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, im always after more power, and i know your all gonna say buy a 16v, well, id love to, theres some bargains in the Auto Trader at the moment

the thing is, my 1.4RT is my first car, and im obsessed with it, i just couldnt let it go to someone else, i love it to bits

is anyone else really obsessed with there car, and couldnt bear to sell it ?

ive been thinkin of gettin Nick @ Hill Power to do somethin to my engine, but for the money it would cost i could buy a 16v with a lot of change left over after sellin my car

also been thinkin of an engine conversion, but again they cost a lot and still wont come to the power of a 16v, or have the upgrade options available

Renault Laguna Coupe

Couldnt you get a 1.8 8v lump and throw that in? Not as expensive or complex as a valver engine and would still give you a good power increase and a basis for further mods... Just a thought.

why dont you just slap on some N20 in the meantime.....?

nowhere near as fiddly as a transplant...and whi want to use publick transport in this weather!?

Isnt there a 1.8 8v lump from a 1.8 RT for sale in the For Sale section? Its a low-tune 95bhp variant, but has decent torque (105lb/ft) at low revs. Could make a nice, relaxing car.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i think you might be along the right lines guys, im so obsessed with my car that i really couldnt bear to part with it, it would bring tears to my eyes !

ive just fished out my Hill Power price list and what do you all think about going for the modified cylinder head ?

am i right in thinking the bottom end of a car can last ages ?.......like possibly 200,000 ?

the thing is ive replaced a lot of things, and looked after my engine since i got it, regular oil changes an fresh plugs etc, so i think it might be in decent condition, and i shouldnt have to replace many things

so in theory, if i got a fully rebuilt head, then my car should last a good while longer if maintained

what do you all think ?

an its a lot cheaper than an engine conversion, and could yield up to 15bhp