ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Car1

2012 WRX Waggon

for 20 grand its gotta be an EVO (whatever u can afford)

Or a valver, drop a williams in, turbo it....I guess it would be alot more fun building your own -- If id have had the time, Id have had a go down this route.

Not overly keen on the looks but you can get a Cooper S specced up the same as a 172 for 16.8k and then do that Hartage conversion that EVO have got for 1.5k +VAT.....

Sounds like its quick but its in a different price league to the Clios. The Cup is the best bang for buck at the mo I reckon with a 172 coming a close second.....

CTR EK9 turbo

If i had the choice id probably go for a second hand evo. Preferably (probably not tho) without mods etc. Insurance would be a nightmare id have thought.

Here are your choices:

Cup
Cooper-S
Focus RS
Cupra R
Golf
CTR
Integra type R

Cant think of any more right now. Possibly some are second hand on the list.

ive got a friend who works at renault and she can get a family and friends discount on a cup. Which brings it down to 9.5k. mmmm....... nothing can really compare with that.

Although buying a scobby and asking prodrive to tune the bollox off it sounds fun! :D I think ill stick with renault and upgrade! Cheers guys for the help, ill let you know what my final decision is!

well the ppp (Prodrive performance pack) on a scoob wil not bring it down to 4.5 0-60 and as for an evo the running costs are almost twice as much a scoob and you will never see more than about 20mpg

my suggestion would be an r33 gtsm single turbo skyline :) you can get one for about 8k

hmm, One review of the *new* Scooby said the prodrive kit brought it down to a 4.5 0-60... The one after the bug-eye!

Daz.

Clio 197

Go for the Cup.

The Evo and Scooby are great cars but forget the economy! Especially if you like to have a bit of fun...

er............i just got a quote for the cup, on elephant, and its coming up as 3k??? mmm....im 19 with 2 yrs no claims and 2 years driving experience? My 16v £1400 tpft when i was 18 with 1ncp ?? Any ideas anyone?

S2000

Daz the STI is 5.2 standard, the PPP takes it down to around 4.6. The PPP for the WRX will take it into the low 5s!

if u are only 19 try going for an MR2 turbo or even a N/A. Cheap cars leaving money for insurance and mods, not new though so..................depends on what u want

Just to agree with ben-h if i had 16k to spend on a car then it would be a grale evo 2 for £10k and then keep the 6k for fixing it. If insurance matters then the 8 valve grale was about 20% cheaper to insure than my williams. But I knew if I got it Id always wish it was an evo 16v (wider track, torque biased to rear etc) so bottled it.

If youre really brave you can get Griffiths for £13k nowadays. Stop buying Japanese rubbish its for computer geeks.

Youve just gotta test drive them all then youll just know what you want and best fits your needs, thats how I chose my 172...would like a couple of others to, but had to choose just 1;)