ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT CHIP AND WHERE TO GET IT FROM

Clio sport 182
going to keep it short and sweet, I have a 182 clio with decat and bmc cda air filter fitted. What chip would you recommend for the car. The chip must ideally map out the rear o2 sensor.

thanks in advance

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Why do you need it to specifically map out the rear sensor?? It rarely gives issues.

Most people use the RS Tuner box, but you don't actually get any real power gains just makes it abit run a touch better.

Clio sport 182
Why do you need it to specifically map out the rear sensor?? It rarely gives issues.

Most people use the RS Tuner box, but you don't actually get any real power gains just makes it abit run a touch better.
If the rear o2 sensor doesn’t see the correct readings all the times the fuel Trimm’s will be unsteady and can in turn cause running issues

monaco 172
If the rear o2 sensor doesn’t see the correct readings all the times the fuel Trimm’s will be unsteady and can in turn cause running issues
Nah, does nothing, just needs to be plugged in.

Mines been hanging from then abs sensor wiring for years as I ruined the threads getting it out of my old cat

It only needs mapping out if your planning on unplugging it completely.

Renaultsport Clio
I might be interested in chipping mine. Does it make a big difference to acceleration and does it make the insurance skyrocket?

No and yes (if you're young).

No and no (if you're old).

The maps from RS Tuners/Fastchip raise the idle slightly, raise the limiter to 7800 RPM and smooth out the torque delivery a little. The smoother torque is noticeable around 5k RPM but it doesn't feel any faster. But then you wouldn't actually expect to feel 1, 2, 3% more BHP anyway.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
going to keep it short and sweet, I have a 182 clio with decat and bmc cda air filter fitted. What chip would you recommend for the car. The chip must ideally map out the rear o2 sensor.

thanks in advance

Where are you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk