ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Colour

Ad

MK2 FRS

I am ordering my new car next week and am still undecided about the colour. I am ordering a Clio 1.2 16v Extreme. Have managed to get a discount of £750 and this means that it is cheaper for me to change my car (Free ins.) than it is to pay for insurance next year.

There is a choice of four colours:
Cyclone Blue
Odessey Blue
Pearl Black (The colour I have now)
Platinum.

I am tending to go for odessey blue. Any advice????

Has anyone had any dealings with Renault Oldham??? as this is the dealership im gonna order from.

7.6cc :D

BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

im well chuffed just got my car booked in to be totally colour coded. £170 from this dealer that does up ex rental cars to go back to the dealer. my mate knows a guy in their and hes gonna do it on the sly for me. i thought that was a good price. he said it was so much just cos the type of bumpers on a clio. he sounded like he knew a few things so i just nodded and agreed

GR7

Shiny red R32

BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

No other colour looks so good! Just ask Jilly, Towser and co. Although you have already had black, it will look different being on a new car.

like the little details, line, shapes contours etc.
on a silver 172, you can see the front bumper lines very well, and it looks agressive, but on black..shadows dont appear. so it dont look as wide...why or how you ask. well i was walkin out the elevator at work, and the two were sitting side by side.....so took a long look......but black is still an ace colour.

Definitely black !!!

As for Renault Oldham theyre about as rubbish as any other renault garage !! If youre planning on going to Oldham thats means you cant be far from Bury??? if so youd be best going there, staff are alot more helpful, its a franchise so they have to be good to get business, i got mine form there and they are very very good

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ferarri Red...or Silver....saw a silver 172 up close on the weekend and it make my knees turn to jelly...girlfriend had to drag me away

GR7

Shiny red R32

There are hundreds of silvers about and when it comes to maybe selling your car in a couple of years, wouldnt it be better to have a less common one to sell?

A couple of weeks ago, someone (think it was VR6Man) posted a message here saying that he was looking for a second hand 172 and could only find them in silver!

... yeh, but he was after a Mk1 172 and theyre nearly all silver! (Caution: My facts are rarely ever true) I think youll find that in the new shape blacks getting really popular (dare I say common!?!... err no, I darent say common to GirlRacer! Shell beat me up )

Matt

BLACK

Tank Fly Boss Walk Jam Nitty Gritty, Ur listenin to Agellica in the big bad city, BLACK is DAMN hot

If anyone know a good shrink please direct them my way today has been very stressfull on my brain

Take Thomass advice

Maybe some good old fashioned otter p**n might make you feel better Mav? Readers Otters is going down a hit round my area...

Matt

It was so much easier when I ordered mine - there were no options available - you either had Silver (hin,t hint) or a different model! Kinda like the new Focus RS only comes in Blue

Matt

Focus RS, id like one of those.................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chuckie

black must have been the commonest colour in Mk2 at the recent Palmersport/Renault track day!!! Needless to say there was only one yellow one there - but then there usually is !

Ad

MK2 FRS

Sorry no reply been in london for 4days. So it comes down to pearl black and odessey blue. Am really indecisive when it comes to the colour. It took me ages to decide last time and then i change my mind. I would have the black first time again, however, cause i have had it, if i get the blue people are more likely to notice that I have new a Car!! Sad isnt it.

Ad

MK2 FRS

As for renauld oldham they have offered the best dealer. Will probably let Dutton James of St Helens sort the car if there are any probs after my recent problems with Caledonia.