ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour?

M235i / 172
The black strip in the back bumper of the RS.. what colour should i do it?

the cars flame red, will have dark wheels on ventually, already painted front badge black, and the clio badge on the back going black.

So do i spray it satin black same as badges, or flame red?

If i colour code it, where do i get the paint from, halfrauds?

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
colour code it imo, and you can get the paint from anywhere, think most people just go to renault for it

M2 Competition
The black plastic strip?! Everyone leaves it black mate, use back to black on it or similar. Dont think ive ever seen one colour coded.

M235i / 172
colour code it imo, and you can get the paint from anywhere, think most people just go to renault for it

You reckon, i think ill get some photoshops done and see what people think then.

The black plastic strip?! Everyone leaves it black mate, use back to black on it or similar. Dont think ive ever seen one colour coded.

If it stays black then its being painted black, i h8 it when trim goes grey if you wash it but havnt got time to black it all up.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
^

+1

It doesn't look right color coded, the black strip helps break up the color @ the back.

So leave it black imo. Or spray it anthracite ;)

M235i / 172
It seems like black is the kiddie at the moment, Think thats what its going to be.
Below is how ive done the front badge and the bit it sits on, so you all reckon black at the back still?

P1010023.gif

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yes, black at the back.

But i think u shouldn't of sprayed the diamond shaped grille bit behind the renault diamond.

I think u should've left it as it was, and sprayed just the diamond black

M235i / 172
Yes, black at the back.

But i think u shouldn't of sprayed the diamond shaped grille bit behind the renault diamond.

I think u should've left it as it was, and sprayed just the diamond black

Yeh i thought that after, going to get another one and leave it standard colour :)

M2 Competition
Lol, at painting it! Takes about 30seconds to spray back to black on and wipe it with a cloth. Thats all it needs, mines almost 6 years old and looks new!

alien green rs133
It seems like black is the kiddie at the moment, Think thats what its going to be.
Below is how ive done the front badge and the bit it sits on, so you all reckon black at the back still?

P1010023.gif

paint the grilles and fog surrounds black to match, and back shoud stay black also

M235i / 172
Hell yea thats mint, howd you do it?

Edit: Oh and how the DSHJADGFHBADFHBEWFBDFB do you get the thing off without removing the bumper?

M235i / 172
Lol, at painting it! Takes about 30seconds to spray back to black on and wipe it with a cloth. Thats all it needs, mines almost 6 years old and looks new!
+1 Waste of time painting it & messing about with it imo.

Im not after if you think its right for me to do it or not, just what colour.

And from the pics before of the front badge, ive decided to keep the bit behind it black, ive jst been and took a few pics, think it looks good as it is imo.

Blackbadge.gif

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Its vinyl which i got off ebay for £4 lol. Took the bumper off, pulled out the strip, stuck on the vinyl and thats the end job. 1 of the cheapest mods i've done. Just bought the front carbon splitter for the front to match.

Cheers

Ph1 172 + Combo van
cf one looks pretty damn good! on your car i wouldnt colour code it as its quite a large part so if your doing it diy it is quite hard to get a colour match. go for black if you have to!

Ph1 172
when i fitted the ph2 bumper to my ph1 it needed paint, so thought i'd have it colour coded.

here it is, same colour as yours so may help ya out
newbumper-1.jpg

need to get some more decent pics

M235i / 172
Now i like that!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i reckon, im guna colour code it myself, if its doesnt look 100% match, then ill drop it in at the body shop. :)