ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do i put in engine coolant tank

noticed my engine coolant tank is just above "MIN" ... its an orangy colour... just wondering what i put in there?

Cheers

J

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

DO NOT PUT IN

FISH
MICROWAVES
GMC VANS
GUNS
EUROPE (the band)
ANY KIND OF EXPLOSIVES
if it was me i would put water plus some kinda anti freeze

I think comma do a very good coolent which is some kind of acid stuff... Well thats what my mate said that works there.... Its suppose to keep your engine cooler

cheers for the quick replies!

of course KDF_ *ahem* :oops:

lol Tommy :D

clean16v, how do i flush it?

thanks steve, will look into that :)

absoloutely no idea with the lack of space in engine bay, easy to do on my old RT, prob best done at a garage with 16v/williams. will cost next to nothing, if you want to try it yourself....make sure engine is cool, pull out the bottom pipe from your radiator, put a hose in your coolant tank and let it run(hose pipe not car!!) after a while plug in pipe again and let car run for a bit then repeat process until fluid isnt orange!! prob best left to a garage though cos it really shouldnt cost much and its COLD OUTSIDE

Used to have a gtturbo before my 172 and the water went very orange in that think its partly corrosion from the block but its usual on renaults apparently and nothing to worry about, get some rad flush then refill with antifreeze/coolant and water but make sure you bleed all the air out afterwards a haynes manual will explain exactly how and the rad flush will have directions on the back

cool (sorry i didnt mean that), the orange coolant would hide the fact that my rusty coolant has spilled all over the place in my engine bay. What make is it?