ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you guys think

ur megane r26
right i have a 1.2 dynamique as shown below

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

firstly what do you all think??

and secondly i reali love this car but want something a bit quicker, love the 182's atm, but i no as i am onli 18 i got a few more years to wait untill i can get one, what i am asking is do you think i should modify the one i got like with new alloys, loving the turinis in athracite, if that is how you spell it or save my money till i can afford a 172/182?

audi a6 3.0tdi
save your money mate there are a few young people on here with 172/182 if you save up you could have one sooner than you think :)

ur megane r26
klkl see thats is what i was thinking, but alot of my mates were sayin oo do this and do that, it is tempting but not tempting enough i dont think lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Loose the die, and put silvervisions in, save for a 172

audi a6 3.0tdi
its not worth spending now keep saving for the 172 you'll have last laugh when they still have chavved up 1.2's. it'll be worth the wait.

mk1 ph2 1.4
get a mk1 1.4rt, that way if you do prang it racing your mates you wont lose a 2-3 grand car. also theyre nippy for a car at 18 and you wont be so worried about taking it around a few b roads ;D
saving 5-6 grand for a 172-182 + insurance seems a bit steep?

rsi's have 1.8 8v engines and go for around 600-800 quid, although insurance is likely to be ridiculous....although who saves at 18?

ur megane r26
yer i was thinkin bout gettin rid of the dice the other week actualli, they were a 17th bday prezzie and thought i wud put them up like but duno the fad has gone and when i am going round tight corners they get in the way lol. a kid round here has recently purchased a 172 he is 20 and i have to say they are gorgeous, and soo quick

Valver..
get a valver mate :D...hehe was 18 wen i had mine more fun then a 182! Also i live in bouremouth just across the water :D

ur megane r26
lol i like the yet bit at the end, lol clio head do you go to many meets? i often look at valvers and williams, they are fantastic on the outside but i have to say and this is only my taste but im not a fan of the interior, not one bit

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
get a mk1 1.4rt, that way if you do prang it racing your mates you wont lose a 2-3 grand car. also theyre nippy for a car at 18 and you wont be so worried about taking it around a few b roads ;D
saving 5-6 grand for a 172-182 + insurance seems a bit steep?

rsi's have 1.8 8v engines and go for around 600-800 quid, although insurance is likely to be ridiculous....although who saves at 18?

im buying an RT soon. :)

LY V6 with Recaros
Your car looks nice as it is, I would keep it standard and start saving for the 172/182 instead.

ur megane r26
yer deb182 that was my original plan but there are so many possibilities available lol, i used to live in essex as well, grays?

LY V6 with Recaros
yer deb182 that was my original plan but there are so many possibilities available lol, i used to live in essex as well, grays?

Did you, just around the corner from me then!

I know it's so tempting to do things to your car, there's things I want to do to mine, but I really want to get a vee next year, so it wouldn't really be worth it. If you do do anything however, best to keep it subtle, not chavvy! :)

leave it as is you will get more for it if its standard more people will be interested. Then get a 172 or whatever later.be happy you have a car as new as that at 18 letalone a car at all.
You will allways want more anyways you will get a 172 then after a while want something else......Or maybe im just speaking for my self.

mk4 golf gttdi180
just drop it down for less than a 100 quid and put alloys on then it will last you 2 years when you can get a 1.6 0r 1.8 etc etc im running a 1.3 suzuki sj and a 1.2 clio i spoke to my insurance and they said yeah you canm go up next year so 182s here i come . ell in 9 a year or a bit less

BMW M3
I had a crappy car when i passed and just saved for somethiing quicker.... 2 years later ive got a brand new 182 ! Although admittedly i had very little expenses at the time.

I would save up for something faster that you would prefer, but doesnt mean you cant do nothing. Such as lower it on Eibachs (best springs ;) ) Will do alot for handling and so you can carry more speed. But i wouldnt start doing any expensive stuff and def stay away from bodykits.

ur megane r26
yer dont worry, i mite have the dice which are going trust me, but i aint going chavvy, i dont like body kits, think they ruin the car and sorta defeat the object as i want a quicker car and if i shell out for a bodykit it will just slow my car down. erm we paid 5200 for it, got like 600 quid off, new alloys and mats and a cd player in with the deal, cheers dad lol, i will be going into full time employment at the end of this skool year as i will be finishing college so will be earning alot more and then on my way towards a nice 182 :D, i dont have many expenses atm except petrol and car bits realli

ur megane r26
leave it as is you will get more for it if its standard more people will be interested. Then get a 172 or whatever later.be happy you have a car as new as that at 18 letalone a car at all.
You will allways want more anyways you will get a 172 then after a while want something else......Or maybe im just speaking for my self.

you definately aint tlkin for urself mate, there are loads of my mates that keep wanting to change there cars as they get fed up with them, i think tho wen i do get a 182 i will just mod the engine bits, a bit at a time so then i wont get too bored lol

clio 172 (2002), bandit.
ive just turned 19 n my insurance is £1470, on my 172. not too bad when you consider the performace