ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you pay

What does everybody pay insurance for their car, and what car is it?

Would really like to upgrade my little 1.2 to the 172cup. Just not sure i can afford to at the minute.

Had a quote from elephant of £1794.40 and im only 21 with 1 years NCB (had license from 17, just never bought a car till i could afford a new one!

How much monthly payments would i be looking at on a 172 anyway?

What would happen with the outstanding finance on my car? i dont understand it all really.

Cheers

well thats who i am with at the moment for my 1.2

Thats with my mum on the policy as a named driver - as soon as i got my new car, it sort of got stolen, and now im lucky if i am allowed to borrow it (only kidding of course, i would never let her steal my car! I just let her put petrol in it!)

Not a Clio

£500+ tpft on the valver paid up front
£118 a month (fully comp) on my Astra Gsi dunno what the total premium is.

24, 3 years no claims.

I think thats my biggest problem then is the fact that i only have 1 year NCB.

Just got a quote with 3 years NCB and it came out at £1372.35

Still quite pricey, but then being 21 i can see why.

So how much would i be looking to pay for a 172 cup then?

700 fully comp, 172 cup 04plate

24, 6yrs ncb and 6 points +test retake 4yrs ago for racing on a public highway :)

Thats with tescos, miles cheaper than anyones quoted me for last 4 years on various cars that ive had. Id try em

Skoda Fabia vRS

1992 Clio with R5 GT Turbo Engine, suspension, brake, engine modifications etc etc

£935 Fully Comp - Liverpool Victoria

1yrs NCB

1 Incident 50/50 blame decided

Driveway, Cat1 Alarm

i pay £1200 FC, am 20 and only held my license for exactly a yr and 8days. 0yrs NCs, 1st policy in my name, on a M reg, 1.6 sohc vtec 16v civic, insurance gp 14. No alarm/mob, parked in driveway.

I am with diamond, and cant fault them, saved me over £1300!! and im sure someone on here (male) got their cheapest quote from diamond through http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com, as theyre not only for female (that would be sexist), so give em a try you may be pleasently suprised

Im searching for quote now.

£555 seems to be my best but Im not 100% sure thats with me filling in the form correct.

Im getting fed up with insurance companies quoting stupid figures its only a 65hp diesel.

29, driving 12 years, erm 5y ncb (should have more but lost 3 year worth :( ) got a 182 and im paying £480 full comp with protected bonus with axa

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

£680 fully comp, 52 plate 172 Cup.... Muhahahahaha :D

Oh and one more thing, Im 18!!!!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 05 September 2004
£680 fully comp, 52 plate 172 Cup.... Muhahahahaha :DOh and one more thing, Im 18!!!!

I think its to do with Daddy!! i think i read that some where.

Me, as some will be aware i had big probs getting insurance on my new 182.

Most were quoting £2.5k plus:( but i eventually found a quote for £1.5k, not great but affordable.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

lol, "Daddy" puts me on the hole company insurance thing, at the end i get all n/c if i have them (touch wood i do!)

Other wise i got a quote for wait for it............

£6200!!!!!!! ( 8 months driving experiance )

Yeh P**s Off!!!!

:D

Black 172

with the payments on a 172 that you were asking about Gilbert , that will depend on price of car what the rate will be on interest ( that depends who ure finance will be with aswell) your best off looking round at some garaged and asking if he can work out the monthly payments for you so you canget an idea on how much it will be

Cheers for the replies guys and girls. Just have to save a bit of cash now for the 172.

Maybe wait till i have had my car 2 years, then trade in or something for a 182 instead. Hopefully be in a better job by then and will be able to afford the high insurance.

Personally i reckon the old dear should pay half as she uses the car just as much as me! She claims that cause she saves me money by being on the insurance that she shouldnt have to. Doesnt even help pay towards the car!

oh well, cant really complain, as she has bought me loads of stuff as i was growing up - bit of pay back i suppose.

Clio 200 Cup packed

25, 8yrs NCB, 3pts, Driveway, £900

but due for renewal in october and if its anymore that £700, directline can go and poke big long things where to sun dont shine!

£640 FC

25yrs driving since 17, 1yrs no claim.

And Mr Newman I cant believe youve cheapened the neighbourhood and brought a Cup!

Mondeo ST TDci

25, 5yrs no claims, protected, driveway £250 voluntary excess, fully comp.

Car: clio 172 exclusive

Cost about £780 with Renault insurance