ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you think of this setup

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
i personally cant afford all these mint speakers and subs so i have ended up with this.
jvc 50wx4 head unit the one with removable cover
4 6x9s jbl 936 300w max 100w rms
1 sp280 mutant amp powering a jbl 12" 1000w sub
the speakers are powered off the head unit
i think that money wise it is a good setup

Oyster Card
IMHO if your powering the speakers from the HU then there isn't a lot of point shelling out on 6x9's not that I would recommend them for SQ anyway even if you where powering them from an AMP.
I got a 12" JBL sub cheap and cheerfull cost me £50 and £30 for the box and they do put out good for their price.

Polo + Micra
i'd rather listen to some one smashing a drum kit over my head than listen to 4 6x9's imho

swap them for a good set of comps and you will have a start

SLK 350
2 Components fed via cross-overs in the front, some standard 13cm 3-ways for the back and all wired via an amp. If you need some more bass, buy a sub but a good set of components will be loud as hell via an amp.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
well what i thought of doing was , if i ever get nay money, getting a mutant 480 is it the four channel which would give the 6x9s which can take 100rms each it wud give 80rms each and i am also look for some cheap comps but jbl for sum reason i liek jbl like that guy said with the sub cheap and cheerful i agree
i have like i said tht sub and the small mutant my m8 has the small mutant and a 70quid audiobahn sub but mine is louder ahaha

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
also i dont think why poeple dont like 6x9s after all they kick sound out and they dont sound bad i aint goin to cruises poping my boot i just like it lound in ma car but there ya go people can say they are s**t but at end of day they do me

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
But they ruin sound quailty mate. The best bet is to take the monet you were going to spend on 6x9s and but decent fronts, after all your ears face forwards!! If you really really must have the things then only 1 pair and box them in otherwise you will blow them anyway with your sub.
Whats your total budget and what do you want out of the system and maybe some of us could come up with suggestions.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
my budget at the minute is absolutly nothing i have already got the 4 6x9s in a custom parcel shelf i made they look the dogs b.ll.xs but if i get some comps i think my system will be fine stich some 4 inchs behind myfans at the fron and thn im all set lol

what money did you spend? for £400

Alpine CDA-9843R
Rainbow SLC230
Vibe Black Box Amp
Resonant Engineering RE12

that will sound far better than your current system, and not actually cost the world to do

honest opinion of your current set-up, it's wank, i've fitted better made on a £100 budget from RM Audio, and they are awful

enough has been mad of 6x9's in the past for me not to even bother commenting on the sound staging, quality, type of sound etc etc, they just don't cut the mustard, funny enough, the only place i've seen 6x9's in recent years is in cruise cars, no-one with any sense would fit any, with the exception of maybe the p69 by Genesis, but these are mid driver only and don't have any tweeters, with the correct filtration and amplification, they could sound excellent

the 2 other people to post in here Dink and Cliojohn, both have pretty sound knowledge when it comes to ICE, i'm the same, take our advice........ please

Monaro VXR
6x9's can have there uses but mainly only if your running them from a headunit to give your passengers a little bit of fill on the cheap. and at that point you wont really hear them. Which is a good thing.

As bryan said that system he put up woulda been a far better choice.

Monaro VXR
They are alright as a "cheap" system upgrade i mean you can get a fairly alright set of 6x9's with quite a loud output for £30 or so. and there alright if there not amped and just there to provide some rear fill. But i agree they do for the most part absolutely awful.

Although i do have to admit i was quite surprised by those kenwood 6x9 subs. with the amp etc i was expecting truly awful bass from them and they werent that bad to be honest if space is a problem they will do for a lot of people but most of us that are into audio would just say there crap.

And to a lot of people they will sound better over the stock speakers.

Although i just have this thing speakers should be a circle and no other shape!

i'm a strong believer, they should never find their way into ANY car system, regardless of budget or requirements

i'd rather spend an extra £30-£80 on better front components, at least the sound you listen to will be good and not those pieces of waste metal in a parcel shelf

Monaro VXR
lol i agree but at the same time i can also see why people stick 6x9's on the shelf they do have some rather cool designs some of them and do look pretty nice at times.

sound quality for a lot of people is more than good enough until they hear something better.

My mate was fine witht he sound quality he had when he had the stock system in his car i got him to upgrade the fronts add a sub and it sounded loads better he then went and added 6x9's :( it doesnt sound loads better no more. worst of all he set it to be mainly filtered to the back annoys me i get in and start playing with his HU and he usually goes tits at me. lol