ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this pipe do?

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
Does anyone know the function of this pipe, just below the throttle body. Engine is an F4R from a ph1 172.
Is it a breather?

utf-8BSU1BRzA5MTkuanBn.jpg

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
Yeah, when I looked at the pipe that went on there it all became embarrassingly obvious. The car purrs away sweetly now, just off for a drive.

Last edited:
have fun with it :)

you seem to be missing the heat shield that goes over the starter motor. My thinking may be flawed, but that's the only heat shield I have on my car (oh, and one by the fuel tank).

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
Ahh the starter motor heatshield!! It is on there, you just can't see it from that pic. I've also got a nimbus manifold heatshield to protect the brake pipes.

There's a funny story to the starter heatshield though. A few months ago when i first took the starter off as I thought it had packed up, (it actually turned out to be the big fuse to the +ve which i'd totally forgotten to check) I found the starter heatshield on the wrong side of the starter! Not naming any names, but the previous owner must have put the heat shield on between the block and the starter, so it wasn't providing any protection to heat from the manifold Hehe.
I sorted that a while back though. :cool:

"Navy" N17 TWO
When I got my starter replaced last year, the heatshield broke when we went to clip it on! :S

I put some exhaust wrap around the cable to the starter and held in place with a steel cable tie - no problems with it :)