ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what does your 182 run like when cold

Golf GT & A4 Avant
ECU map for emissions or something

Yessum nout to do with the cat :rasp:

also the vvt system isnt activated until the coolant warms up slightly, why... good question...

Doesn't the lamda sensors either side of the catalytic convertor relay back to the ECU which changes the air/fuel/timings settings accordingly? So if the cat isn't operating at 100% until it's at the appropriate temperature it's going to feed back unreliable readings?

I read this from the official note that came from Renault UK to all their mechanics.

106 GTi
I thought it was done on coolant temp hence the bad running when cars had the temp sensor issues.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I thought it was done on coolant temp hence the bad running when cars had the temp sensor issues.

How would the temp sensors reading the coolant temp as low affect the running/ idling? This is a genuine question if that sounded sarcastic in any way

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
lumpy! only for like the first 30 secs though, accelerate and it just feels like it doesnt go anywhere!

106 GTi

How would the temp sensors reading the coolant temp as low affect the running/ idling? This is a genuine question if that sounded sarcastic in any way

What the ECU does is governered by weather the coolant is below or above a certain temp. I.e the rev limiter cutting in early is down to the coolant being below a set temp.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What the ECU does is governered by weather the coolant is below or above a certain temp. I.e the rev limiter cutting in early is down to the coolant being below a set temp.

I would agree with that partly, but on many occassions (such as driving home from work 17 miles) I drive the car normally until I'm almost home then I give it some stick pulling onto the by-pass, and the first couple of times the rev limiter will still try and cut in early. Not until I've done it a couple of times then it will allow me to rev fully.

And this is true of a another I know of. Why is this as it's at fully operating temp

CX-7,westfield,ix20
My 182 coughs and splutters for a minute or so. Sounds awesome on the overrun though lol.

Don't mind it at all really. Certainly better than my last car that had to sit for a couple of minutes before driving off. Would cut out otherwise cos it sucked in so much air lol. Never got round to getting the cold start mapped properly!!

Clio 182
Considering my 182 warms up in about 5 minutes I don't really get to see what it's like cold much... i'm just very gentle with it until I see the temp needle climb.

BMW M135i
As rough as a badgers arse after 10 pints of guinness and a chicken vindaloo. Its better some times than others though, getting better now the weather is warming up again.

black gold 182
ditto, mines done 18k but it runs like a 118k jap engine does :-/ once its warm though its fine.

faster on some days than others too i think! odd.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Mine splutters/has no power until the temp needle moves from its stop. Usually i try to fast idle for a few mins before going anywhere to get some warmth into the engine.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yer ive got a k-tecj stealth on me 172 and it pops on the come down from accleration. also well lumpy for around 30 secs power comes hite bout 2rpm and power all of sudden goes then jumps back after split second

Peddled device
Mine feels like the air filters blocked or theres not enough fuel getting through for the first couple of minutes....l guess its set up like this to protect the engine when cold ????

BMW M135i
Mine feels like the air filters blocked or theres not enough fuel getting through for the first couple of minutes....l guess its set up like this to protect the engine when cold ????
Its to get it to pass the cold start emissions iirc.