ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what engine

2.0l 16valve scenic
hi all am new on here

Ive got a 02 plate 2.0l 16v scenic and have started to do a couple of engine mods .... powerflow exhaust ect . looking to get the 172/182 inlet on it next ???? Ive been told that the 2.0 16v clios and the 2.0l 16v scenics have the same engines???? its just the ecu's the inlet manifolds and exhaust manifolds that are different ???????

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome mate, no there are internal modifcations to the 172 engines, from memory yours is 136bhp, where the 172's are 166bhp - you would need to spend a lot of money to get your current engine anywhere near that bhp

Lionel Richie
same engine family, not same engine though

from memory the head is not as good and the bottom end maybe lower compression, can't remember the exact differences

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Did one of these myself for a customer... naughty conversion and bags of fun until you reach a corner then the "Scenic" bit kicks in :S

Buy a complete F4R-736 from a Clio Sport and put it in on the Scenic F4R ancillary bracketry and it'll be good. You will need the Clio Sport ECM (Which will also need the imobilliser removing at extra cost) plus the downpipe and exhaust manifold setup to. F4R Scenic gearbox ratios are pretty much the same as the Clios IIRC.

Mick

Evo
I'm no expert but if its the same 2ltr as the old Espace ( which has F4R stamped on the block ) then it would be lower compression. Ideal for boost conversion ;)

2.0l 16valve scenic
cheers for all the replies guys

the stock motor is pritty nippy as it is i just want a wee bit more from it and was thinking on the 172 inlet for better air delivery and maybe a remap what do u guys think ????? the 172 engine swap does sound like it would be loads of fun but the problem is that due to my disability i am restricted to a automatic and i dont think the box would coupe with the power from the 172 :( so any mods you guys can come up with would be much appreciated :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ah right then, this is going to sound like a doom and gloom reply then no

As its an auto DON'T convert it to an F4R-736 then as unless you're in the sports mode you're not gonna see the best from it and as the torque convertor isn't the best in that box and it'll cost you more to replace than its worth when its broken. Don't do the cylinder head and inlets either as its not worth the cash - The guy I converted the full engine for had already done this and I think his dyno figures showed he'd made 1.4-2bhp... you could make that with tyre pressures!

Honestly matey, I admire the conversion as it is fun but in an Auto is just going ot be a waste as you won't really be able to use it to the max... save your money for a night of ladies of the pole ;)

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep, that's JB's Scenic Sport and is cracking in a straight line... also running LPG

2.0l 16valve scenic
well it looks like am going to leave it as it is and make do with the noise the powerflow makes :) cheers for all the feedback guys i hope yous don't mind me asking things in regards to the engine etc .i understand this is a clio forum and this is a scenic in respect but there is no other forum out there with this kind of knowledge :)

mark

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It would deffo be diferent and create something to talk about but unless you're gonna do the conversion yourself it would be a huge pricetag for not much... Feel free to ask away though as we do more than just Clio's around here.

Mick