ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What exhaust ?

02 clio sport 172
5equne7a.jpg

What exhaust is this ?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Cub. what sort of noise is off that exhaust? Im thinking of getting that exhaust as i like the tip.

Is it quite loud? And what like is it on loger journeys?

Cheers

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
They come in two different guises I believe, sport and super sport. Mine is the super sport. It's not awfully droney, but nice and fruity at the top end. All I can mainly hear on mine though is induction noise! It has never failed a trackday DB test so car so can't be awfully loud.

@Daniel did once say it was the best non-ITB'd clio he had heard (at a Llandow trackday) :eek:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Alright cool, dont have many 172s up this way so ive never heard a ktec exhaust in person! Can only hear so much on videos if you know what i mean.

Thanks buddy!

330i. E30 Touring.
Lol!

Whilst going for a drive with Nick and his Oreca, I couldn't hear my K-tec exhausted car hitting the limiter, and he was about 100m ahead of me. Lol

Clio 172
... Jumping in on this, the piper exhaust is nice. Didn't like it to start with but it's grown on me now, it doesn't drone as much as it use to now it's bedded in and iv reverted back to the standard airbox! :) looks nice as well!

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Can't get flickr photos to embed like they do from photobucket... Need to learn what I'm doing! This is the piper system on my 172.

edit: try this...

14000995833_b3ff4f970b_b.jpg

renault clio 1.2
hi, i know this isnt about the exhaust but im trying to find a cage for my 2001 clio and cant seem to find any, do you know where to get any cheap, any help on getting one would be great also i was wondering if a sportex exhaust sounds any good and has any benafits if anyone knows?

Clio 172
hi, i know this isnt about the exhaust but im trying to find a cage for my 2001 clio and cant seem to find any, do you know where to get any cheap, any help on getting one would be great also i was wondering if a sportex exhaust sounds any good and has any benafits if anyone knows?

"Cheap" and "cage" should never be used in the same sentence unless you are talking about budgerigars! Try looking at "safety device" cages. Had experience fitting these to a few 106's in the past. If memory serves me right they were around the £600 mark for a 12 point front and rear cage with harness and door bars plus delivery and fitting.
Jack

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
"Cheap" and "cage" should never be used in the same sentence unless you are talking about budgerigars! Try looking at "safety device" cages. Had experience fitting these to a few 106's in the past. If memory serves me right they were around the £600 mark for a 12 point front and rear cage with harness and door bars plus delivery and fitting.
Jack

Tbh I'd class £600 as cheap mine cost over £1500

RB 182
Jack
For 106's you can get those show cages which did squat for safety but people put them in just because they think it looks nice... I think they only cost about 100 quid second hand...

Clio 172
Tbh I'd class £600 as cheap mine cost over £1500

Bleedin hell! even when you factor in the fitting/labor time of welding the plates in and painting the 106 and delivery of the item it was still around £300-400 shy of that mark! What cage did you fit and to what car?

For 106's you can get those show cages which did squat for safety but people put them in just because they think it looks nice... I think they only cost about 100 quid second hand...

haha, show cages are terrible! They simply bolted to the seat mounts in the 106/saxo and were made of paper mache, you could spot them a mile off! The one I have helped fit was in a car belonging to a good friend of mine called Chris. It was a proper 12 point FIA approved Safety Device cage and looked the bollox!

Foot plates welded in and the boot floor seam treated (They rust on the S1 rallye!!)
2012-06-27190540.jpg

Paint
2012-07-05170730.jpg

Bolt it in!
20120816_124339-1.jpg

No show cages here! ;)
Jack

Clio 172
The clio ones are more expensive than the 106 ones. Unfortunately it's not just the cages, everything is more expensive than 106 / saxo world.

My cage was £1400 fitted. It is a 'Caged' one. Photos of it in my car;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?737836-Engine-Build-finished-and-wheels-changed-)

Show cages are worse than no cage.

OOOOOOOWWWWWW! :race:Your car looks built for purpose! Vary show and Go! Im also noticing that price jump...i went form the "spaxo/106 moaners" scene to the Audi scene and the price difference for similar parts was astronomical. I foolishly thought the move to RenaultSport would be better but its actually not that much cheaper to look after a 1*2 properly than it was to run a 1.8t Quattro!

Can't get flickr photos to embed like they do from photobucket... Need to learn what I'm doing! This is the piper system on my 172.

edit: try this...

14000995833_b3ff4f970b_b.jpg

Can 100% recommend the Piper exhaust, the fit and finish is immaculate, sound is by far my favorite (except maybe the Yozza). With a cat it's very sedate on the motorway and sounds epic when hammering through the gears.

Clio 172
Can 100% recommend the Piper exhaust, the fit and finish is immaculate, sound is by far my favorite (except maybe the Yozza). With a cat it's very sedate on the motorway and sounds epic when hammering through the gears.

As Sedate as a 3.5" tip and sports back box can be ;) Iv got use to it now and would miss it if I went back to stock!
Jack