ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Happens If Wax Drys

Hello

My mate thinks he may of let a little amount of wax dry. Does this make your paint work ruff by bubbleing it up? You cant see it, but you can feel it....

Can this be fixed?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Bubbling up? Surely it wasnt paint stripper he put on his car!!

Why dont you tell your mate just to rub it off with a nice soft duster!!

letting wax dry wont normally cause any problems.

just meant you have to rub really hard to get it off!

wash the car again as normal or if you can use traffic film remover to strip all the wax off and problem solved

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 19 February 2005

just meant you have to rub really hard to get it off!

not just really, its case of really really really f**king hard ;)

106 GTi

I find the easiest way to remove a bit of wax you have missed is to reapply another coat of wax to that area and wipe off as it removes the old and the new together.

Octavia VRS

Takes a lot of elbow grease, previous experience trust me! It is worrying feeling the bodywork when it is rough but wash the car, chamois it and then wax it again and really rub after wax has been applied - this should work

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 19 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 19 February 2005

try washing up liquid, but be carefull
Why wat does that do?
it takes wax of, but like i say be carefull and dont use it very often, if ever again

Nothing wrong with wul it just strips wax, indeed the instructions for zaino, advise washing the car with dawn (US version of fairy) before applying a fresh coat of wax. As long as you apply fresh wax after using wshing up liquid it is not a problem!

WUL is a heavy duty detergent as is traffic Film remover or truck wash. its what you need to use to get everythng off the car including the wax.

car shampoo is just detergent at a lower concentration with wax (and/or silicone) in it.

WUL wont damage your paintwork so if you dont have traffic film remover use it