ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What happens to an EV after 0% battery? Video!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Hi all, shameless plug of our latest video here - but I figured some on CS might appreciate it. We do something that's admittedly been done before, but this time it's with three hot-selling electric cars that hail from three different segments. Our question is: What happens to an EV beyond 0% battery? Only one way to find out...

Our channel is brand new and I have to share it with the occasional marketing videos, which makes my job of getting subs even harder. But, hopefully, people will start to see that the stuff I and videographer Harry Rudd create is done to an editorial standard, rather than an advertorial one. So it's worth joining for the ride.

Any likes, comments and subs are, of course, enormously appreciated. And yes, I intend to get the Clio into a video in the future :LOL:
Attach files

2014 Clio 200t edc
I only asked that question the other day! Please tell me rylan isn’t in the video before I watch it!
Edit good video, however I was actually wondering what you do when you run out of charge in say a rural location in the middle of nowhere. Do the AA possess equipment to give charge or would they tow you to a charging port?

Last edited:

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I only asked that question the other day! Please tell me rylan isn’t in the video before I watch it!
Edit good video, however I was actually wondering what you do when you run out of charge in say a rural location in the middle of nowhere. Do the AA possess equipment to give charge or would they tow you to a charging port?
Yes, the AA will charge the car just enough to get it to a charging point. It’s a slow charger though, IIRC equivalent to plugging in at home, so far from ideal. I’d think (but don’t know) that rather than sitting charging for four hours they’d tow you if you were daft enough to be stranded genuinely a long way from a charger.

Not sure about the other breakdown services but I can’t see them not doing the same.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks!
Holy s**t I remember you from ages ago. You made the clio 182 vid of your rb that made me really want to get a 182.

Will watch this later
Was this the CarThrottle one? Those guys have gone from strength to strength since then! I'd like to think the 182 vid was their catalyst...

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I know the RAC offer roadside charging - only because I've seen it in action!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks, all! We've started with a consumer advice vid, but rest assured there are some 'enthusiast' vids in the pipeline. One of which involves lots of sideways action...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Carwow seem to have had a successful transition from mainly review videos to lots of drag races.. maybe see which moderately priced family hatchback does the best skids?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Good thinking - that's not far off what we've coming next. 'Edutainment' seems like the route for quick success. We'll have a decent mix of vids; there's talk of resurfacing the outer ring, too, which would be very handy..

pimp mobile Zafira
I’ve driven an i3 and ev mini on 0%. It’s not a nice feeling!! They usually have to be put in a low loader as you can’t tow them. The joys of having still a fledgling ev charge network.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I have often wondered this, now its been answered!

Good work with the video/Channel, Video is produced/edited to just as good a standard as anywhere else and you come across just as well as any of the other guys on the top channels (y)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I have often wondered this, now its been answered!

Good work with the video/Channel, Video is produced/edited to just as good a standard as anywhere else and you come across just as well as any of the other guys on the top channels (y)
Thank you! Shameless request for subscriptions - your reward will be next week's vid, which should be quite exciting! It's when the same videographer as this EV vid and I get to let our hair down with two ultra cool hot hatches.